54" Craftsman with Briggs & Stratton.

Lubiniecki

Forum Newbie
Threads
Craftsman starts and runs well for 10-15 minutes, then quits. I let it stand 5 minutes or so and it will restart and run good again for 10-15 minutes, then quits again.
This cycle is repeated over and over again. i changed the fuel pump and fuel filter. It still acts the same way. What do I need to do?

silver1

Threads
Craftsman starts and runs well for 10-15 minutes, then quits. I let it stand 5 minutes or so and it will restart and run good again for 10-15 minutes, then quits again.
This cycle is repeated over and over again. i changed the fuel pump and fuel filter. It still acts the same way. What do I need to do?

welcome. We need more info. on your mower. Model....engine type and numbers.
Running 15 min. is a long time, so the first thing to check is heat from the engine.
It should have a shroud that may have restricted air flow around the motor and it is
getting to hot. Rodents like to make nests on motors over the winter. That is what
happened to a Opposed twin engine that I had and it snapped a hod!
Get us more info.

Lubiniecki

Forum Newbie
Threads
Running 15 min. is a long time, so the first thing to check is heat from the engine.
It should have a shroud that may have restricted air flow around the motor and it is
getting to hot. Rodents like to make nests on motors over the winter. That is what
Get us more info.

Thanks for the quick response. The tractor model is DGS 6500. Engine is 26hp OHV Briggs & Stratton. I checked the hood and found nothing that would prevent proper air flow over the engine.

tankdriver

Threads
Get us more info.

Thanks for the quick response. The tractor model is DGS 6500. Engine is 26hp OHV Briggs & Stratton. I checked the hood and found nothing that would prevent proper air flow over the engine.

Sometimes the cap will stop up, and need replacing. A easy way to check, is to losen the cap and try it. If it runs corectly, replace cap.