50cc vs 63cc Backpack Blowers

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Agreed ^, the fan inside makes the blower , the more efficient the fan setup the harder they blow w/ the power they have. If they all used the same fan setup more CC's would matter.

Sometimes they are very close and for all intents and purposes the larger ones are VERY close in CFM. Sometimes it comes down to people choices ergonomics , fit, weight , what they use it for exactly - etc......even companies you trust.
I also like to think warranties matter and dealer service matters- everything needs to be thought about when you spend 3-4-5-6 hundred beans. JMO-

Note: there is no testing facility they send them to , that I'm aware of ...independent one. So numbers are just that test them for yourself , I was surprised.

Yes I would agree that if they all used the same fan, motor size would matter but they don't that's the reason CFM is so important when buying a blower. If you use Stihl as an example, there top three blowers the BR 500/ 477cfm, 550/ 530cfm and 600/712cfm all have different CFM ratings with and without the tubes, one rating taken at the housing, one at the tube but all three units run the same 64.8cc engine that's why I say engine size really doesn't or shouldn't play a big part in purchasing a blower. The engine thing is more for longevity than anything else. I also agree with you about it sometimes comes down to choices fit, weight etc. and a company's trust, warranty and service are big ones for me that's why everything I buy is Stihl.

Tom59

Threads
Yes I would agree that if they all used the same fan, motor size would matter but they don't that's the reason CFM is so important when buying a blower. If you use Stihl as an example, there top three blowers the BR 500/ 477cfm, 550/ 530cfm and 600/712cfm all have different CFM ratings with and without the tubes, one rating taken at the housing, one at the tube but all three units run the same 64.8cc engine that's why I say engine size really doesn't or shouldn't play a big part in purchasing a blower. The engine thing is more for longevity than anything else. I also agree with you about it sometimes comes down to choices fit, weight etc. and a company's trust, warranty and service are big ones for me that's why everything I buy is Stihl.

Husqvarna 580bfs would be my choice today- period.

Air flow in housing

1024.5 cfm

Air flow in pipe

907.6 cfm

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Husqvarna 580bfs would be my choice today- period.

Air flow in housing

1024.5 cfm

Air flow in pipe

907.6 cfm

Yeah the 580 is a good size blower for sure, the only problem I have is there's nobody here locally that sells them and I wont buy one from a big box store and besides that the Stihl 600 magnum is only $450 my cost the Husqvarna 580 is like $600 OTD to rich for my blood.

Tom59

Threads
Yeah the 580 is a good size blower for sure, the only problem I have is there's nobody here locally that sells them and I wont buy one from a big box store and besides that the Stihl 600 magnum is only $450 my cost the Husqvarna 580 is like $600 OTD to rich for my blood.

Hey you wanted CFM , now its cost.
Then a 570 they are 499.00 but I've seen them 449.00 ...which still beats it easily-or 560 that one does too. 429.00 retail I've seen them for 399.00.
Air flow in housing 971.5 cfm Air flow in pipe 770 cfm

Are CFM #'s manipulated for advertising - Who knows- I know their are different methods for measuring it. If everyone sent them into a independent lab and all used exact same equipment then I'd believe it , they do not that I'm aware of. So most people use a simple brick test.

I do know Huskies are the king right now for power and price points. Also, I do not own one.

:wink: I'm done.