Hustler Sport bruising grass

digamelo

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2012 Hustler Sport 54" that I used last season on my centipede lawn. I like how the mower handles and how it cuts. However, within about 24 hours after cutting the lawn, there are very notable lines where the rear tires traveled. This makes my lawn look horrible. Upon close inspection, the grass blades look purple/red in color. As the grass grows the lines fade, but this takes a couple of weeks. I inquired with my dealer and a whole plethora of others regarding this, but everyone states that they have never heard of such an issue. My previous mower, a JD X300, never left my grass with these marks. I switched to the Sport because I wanted a larger deck to mow my 2 acres.
I do not have a fungus, my lawn is healthy and I have the appropriate pressure in the tires. I feel the tires on the Sport are too narrow and with most of the weight in the rear of the mower, this places a lot of pressure on the turf and bruises the blades. Any thoughts/suggestions are welcome.

Tom59

Threads
Maybe your grass has hemophelia ....bruises easily. :biggrin:

What fertilizer or lime are you using , get a soil test done. Sounds like a health issue .....

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a 2012 Hustler Sport 54" that I used last season on my centipede lawn. I like how the mower handles and how it cuts. However, within about 24 hours after cutting the lawn, there are very notable lines where the rear tires traveled. This makes my lawn look horrible. Upon close inspection, the grass blades look purple/red in color. As the grass grows the lines fade, but this takes a couple of weeks. I inquired with my dealer and a whole plethora of others regarding this, but everyone states that they have never heard of such an issue. My previous mower, a JD X300, never left my grass with these marks. I switched to the Sport because I wanted a larger deck to mow my 2 acres.
I do not have a fungus, my lawn is healthy and I have the appropriate pressure in the tires. I feel the tires on the Sport are too narrow and with most of the weight in the rear of the mower, this places a lot of pressure on the turf and bruises the blades. Any thoughts/suggestions are welcome.

I've seen tires get to hot from sitting on trailers or outside and burning grass.