Engine No acceleration

Hust

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Simplicity 7016 lawn tractor. It has a briggs model 326431 engine. I have rebuilt carb, installed new magneto, points and condensor, adjusted timing. The engine idles like new, but bogs out when I try to accelerate.

Ifixdit

Threads
I have a Simplicity 7016 lawn tractor. It has a briggs model 326431 engine. I have rebuilt carb, installed new magneto, points and condensor, adjusted timing. The engine idles like new, but bogs out when I try to accelerate.

With the engine running spray carb cleaner around the carb to see if the RPM changes any. If so you may have a bad gasket or an air leak somewhere. Also, check the linkage on the choke and make sure it isn't staying closed. Good luck!

Coca Kohler

Threads
I rebuilt the carb on my briggs twin and I got the same problem. It turned out to be the valve on the float was very slightly different. Once I changed it back to the original it ran fine. Another thing to check would be if you put the right gasket in. With the rebuild kit I got it had about 5 gaskets. So check the gaskets if its not the valve.