rust proof the deck

173abn

Threads
took the deck off and took the blades off then took the spindels off and cleaned the underside off with a wirewheel down to bare metal.I then treated the area with a rustproof preventer I bought at O'Riley.Went to my Grasshopper dealer and bought new kelvar belts and a new skirt.I plan to put new grease sirks on the spindels and check the others on the tractor unit.To make my grease maint. easier I also bought an air powered grease gun.I also got an air ratchet.taking the blades and spindels off with it was a breeze,should've bought one yrs. ago.when it warms up enough plan to finish up the under side of the deck with E-Zslide. also plan to clean up the kubota diesel with degreeser.want everything working good and looking pretty come mowing time.can't wait. russ

EverGreen

Threads
Sounds like you have been busy. I'm not that diligent when it comes to maintaining my machines. I try to keep them in good shape but life gets busy sometimes and I push things aside that I shouldn't.

Reubenjet

Threads
took the deck off and took the blades off then took the spindels off and cleaned the underside off with a wirewheel down to bare metal.I then treated the area with a rustproof preventer I bought at O'Riley.Went to my Grasshopper dealer and bought new kelvar belts and a new skirt.I plan to put new grease sirks on the spindels and check the others on the tractor unit.To make my grease maint. easier I also bought an air powered grease gun.I also got an air ratchet.taking the blades and spindels off with it was a breeze,should've bought one yrs. ago.when it warms up enough plan to finish up the under side of the deck with E-Zslide. also plan to clean up the kubota diesel with degreeser.want everything working good and looking pretty come mowing time.can't wait. russ

What "degreaser" did you use? I am wanting to clean my engine but with minimal use of water.

Drew

173abn

Threads
used the aerosol foam I bought at O'rielys.Also used the gel type.can't recall which worked better.also found that brake or carb cleaner works good...russ