Troy Built Bronco deck belt

DSP300

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am asking for my father in law, he has a Troy Built Bronco that the deck belt keeps jumping off. The belt is in good shape, no bent or locked up pullies. He has learned from friends and neighbors that this seems to be a pretty common problem but a head scratcher to figure out. Any idea's?

cyphik

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am asking for my father in law, he has a Troy Built Bronco that the deck belt keeps jumping off. The belt is in good shape, no bent or locked up pullies. He has learned from friends and neighbors that this seems to be a pretty common problem but a head scratcher to figure out. Any idea's?

I have a 2010 bronco 42" deck that I recently needed to change the belt on... interestingly enough, there are 2 belts available depending on the year of the mower, and both are within 2 inches of eachother. Maybe his takes the shorter belt, but was replaced by the longer one by accident? Even with the correct belt size, if you let the pto off real fast it will still jump the belt sometimes. I usually let the lever down and hold it just past where it disengages until it completely stops, then release it the rest of the way, and haven't had it jump since I started doing that. Good luck.

Ifixdit

Threads

Is the belt consistently jumping off in the same spot? If it's jumping off the engine pulley, maybe you can bend the belt guides to ride closer to the pulley.

wingnut1955

Threads
Is the belt consistently jumping off in the same spot? If it's jumping off the engine pulley, maybe you can bend the belt guides to ride closer to the pulley.

check idler pulley on right side to see if its leaning on forward. mine was and I had same problem try putting a large fender washer on both sides of bracket where bolt goes through. you might have to pry on bracket a bit to get bolt in or out I didn't have to remove deck. should take about 15 to 20 minutes. proper fitting washers will take out slop where bolt goes through bracket mine has worked great since