Anyone ever heard of the Impact Control Wheel?

Ratio9

Forum Newbie
Threads
My friend just showed me this website Impact Control Wheel and I was pretty intrigued by what I saw, so I got on here to ask you guys what you think.

From what I gather, it is a new wheel that reduces the bounce on the front of the tractor. (to keep the deck level, I guess?) It seems like a cool idea, I think it might be worth a try.

Have any of you guys heard of it before? What do you think of it?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
My friend just showed me this website Impact Control Wheel and I was pretty intrigued by what I saw, so I got on here to ask you guys what you think.

From what I gather, it is a new wheel that reduces the bounce on the front of the tractor. (to keep the deck level, I guess?) It seems like a cool idea, I think it might be worth a try.

Have any of you guys heard of it before? What do you think of it?

Interesting. But I think the wheels are stout for a reason seems like this would allow the deck to get to low in some situations and risk scalping or damage although for a completly flat area looks like it might smooth out the ride

Ratio9

Forum Newbie
Threads
Interesting. But I think the wheels are stout for a reason seems like this would allow the deck to get to low in some situations and risk scalping or damage although for a completly flat area looks like it might smooth out the ride

If the wheels are stout and you hit a bump, then the deck rises and leaves an uneven cut though?

I think that with this wheel, the wheels move over the bump and leave the deck level in the air. Right? The deck is still at the same height as normal wheels have it...

Anyone else have any ideas on this? I think I might try a pair.

jimrs

Threads
I think that it's a fair idea but would be more convinced if they had been running the blades for the claims that they made. Just running the mower over ground showed both wheels bounced the operator around. Without driving it would be hard to judge from that clip.

demhustler

Threads
Originally Posted by exotion

If the wheels are stout and you hit a bump, then the deck rises and leaves an uneven cut though?
I think that with this wheel, the wheels move over the bump and leave the deck level in the air. Right? The deck is still at the same height as normal wheels have it...
Anyone else have any ideas on this? I think I might try a pair.

depend on the bump ... how hard you hit it and how low you land ... : )))
almost all OEMs have front suspension option - hustler flex forks, DC springer forks, BB suspension forks;
front suspension - two edged sword - while it smoothes smaller bumps, you bound to hit bigger bump and/or bit faster - thus nose diving and possibility of scalping
so, all depends on how skilled operator is, how good he knows terrain, where and when to speed-up, when to slow down

p.s. even on Ferris, with it's full independent suspension, where wheels linked to the deck - deck travels with suspended wheel, but only half way (if wheel travels ~2'', - edge of the deck ~ 1'') - people reporting nose dive on stops, uneven cut on slopes, PITA suspension adjustment, etc.

Attachments

• dc-acc_springerfork.png
    dc-acc_springerfork.png
    36 KB · Views: 11
  • bb.front.susp_fork.JPG
    bb.front.susp_fork.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 11
  • hustl ff.JPG
    hustl ff.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 10

demhustler

Threads
i like the idea, versatility - but not price: $370 per wheel ... : ((((((
compare: hustler sz - Flex Forks (2 forks); part # 603167; MSRP-$249
13''zeroflat wheel alone~$150?
how much regular fork alone?
p.s. just 4 fun:
11---Tweel-of-Michelin.jpg

Attachments

• hustler2011-800237pricelist.pdf
    177.4 KB · Views: 1
  • imagesCADPKF95.jpg
    imagesCADPKF95.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 9
  • protos1916.jpg
    protos1916.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Isaac-Jay-resilient-wheels-1912.jpg
    Isaac-Jay-resilient-wheels-1912.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 9
  • besa-wh-images.jpg
    besa-wh-images.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Ratio9

Forum Newbie
Threads
i like the idea, versatility - but not price: $370 per wheel ... : ((((((
compare: hustler sz - Flex Forks (2 forks); part # 603167; MSRP-$249
13''zeroflat wheel alone~$150?
how much regular fork alone?
p.s. just 4 fun:
View attachment 14852

It is $185 per wheel... They are only selling them in pairs though. 185x2=370

also, flex forks suck imo

daziel70

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well, it's taken a lot of work and a lot of time, but we're finally ready to get this wheel rollin'

Cost: $250 per wheel
Warranty: 1 year

testing: 1000 hours field-testing with little to no signs of wear and tear
and also 1000 hours testing under force, 10 mph constant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHPadiv5T8U

Check these videos out to see the wheel in action, ignore the rear wheel for now. That's still in development.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt9Cawlp9xg&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKQ5aGAVvmg

If you'd like to help us start this right and buy up the molds we need, we'd appreciate it! Thanks for checking this out guys!

http://impactcontrolwheel.biz/

https://www.gofundme.com/impact-control-wheel

-Dan

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Edit:. Never mind