Blades 33" Wide Cut Professional Craftsmans Mower

captmark64

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was cutting a lawn and in the middle of it. My mower just made a big noise from under the deck.
I really didn't notice hitting anything. I mow this lawn each week. The only thing, I saw under the deck was some plastic bag, and a few branches that were already decayed.
I looked under the deck and the blades were overlapping now! My belt was smoking, due to the blades overlapping.
I never saw this happen to any mower I have owned.
All my mowers have been commericial mowers. I owned exmarks, Kees.
The power was unbelievable in those past machines.
This mower doesnt even chop up a piece of paper if I run over it!

Someone said, the spindle is shot. How can a spindle go on a machine that is only 2 years old and only used to mow two lawns a week!=??

mowerman05

Threads
some one should be able to help you in a bit. I think the blades are timed on that mower if it is the same one that I owned for a short time, but can not say for sure

captmark64

Forum Newbie
Threads
some one should be able to help you in a bit. I think the blades are timed on that mower if it is the same one that I owned for a short time, but can not say for sure
Thanks for your help. I think you are right about being timed. There's a timing belt on it and also a regular belt.
I hope when the sears repairman comes to the house, he knows how to fix it and has all the parts with him.
Tonight, I took the blades off the mower and replaced them with newer blades. They still are doing the same thing as the old blades.
One blade has a huge chunk of metal out of it.
Also, as I was checking the blade and drive handles. I realized the blade cable is now broken. So, I will order that tomorrow. When the repairman gets here next Wednesday. I will have all the parts for him ready to install. I might be able to install them myself. But, it's not that easy as my old mowers. ExMark makes it easy for owner to install parts.
I miss that mower. That mower had a 460 Kawasaki engine on it. It could mow through anything and never broke in this matter if I hit something.
These sears mowers have no real power. The only great feature I like about this mower is the Light on it! I can mow in the pitch black of the night with the mower and looks like day light , when light is on! I never missed a spot on the lawn with the light on at night. People think I am nuts mowing in the dark. But it's a hell of lot cooler mowing at night!:confused2:

captmark64

Forum Newbie
Threads
:wink:Hi !
You were exactly right about the timing. The sears repairman came yesterday and managed to put the timming belt back in the right place!
Then put drive belt back on and also replaced the blade cable that had snapped too!

Luckily, I ordered the parts for the mower myself and had them shipped before he got there.
Sears parts direct said the repairmen's truck has 90% of the parts on the truck!
When he arrived, I asked him and it was not true!
I was smart to order what I thought I needed!
Now, it's repaired and I learned how to correct this problem for the future. I will not be calling them again to repair it and spend 102.00 for them to do these minor repairs. What a ripoff sears is!
Mark

bobbee

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello. I'm considering getting one of these mowers. I wonder if you have any tips/observations you can share with me. I've always had little push mowers, no problem with them except they're too little. I want something bigger I will be able to get done faster. Any reply will help.
:wink:Hi !
You were exactly right about the timing. The sears repairman came yesterday and managed to put the timming belt back in the right place!
Then put drive belt back on and also replaced the blade cable that had snapped too!

Luckily, I ordered the parts for the mower myself and had them shipped before he got there.
Sears parts direct said the repairmen's truck has 90% of the parts on the truck!
When he arrived, I asked him and it was not true!
I was smart to order what I thought I needed!
Now, it's repaired and I learned how to correct this problem for the future. I will not be calling them again to repair it and spend 102.00 for them to do these minor repairs. What a ripoff sears is!
Mark