Husqvarna 455 Chainsaw - Lost Power ?

MBTRAC

Threads
Still in the workshop tonight & trying to fix a Husky 455 that just about has us beat - the thing starts, runs & cuts fine for the first tank of fuel........but when hot from the second tank on just loses power & will not rev underload enough to get on the power band to cut with its usual power ( although it still starts fine & revs out unloaded).
We've tried everything we can think of - changed the air filter, cleaned the fuel pick up, wound the high jet up, checked the compression, changed the spark plug, cleaned the exhaust & the spark arrestor, even swapped the carby with another of our 455's with still no result on the original saw.........first time we've ever experienced this issue with a Husky, & this particular 455 up until last weekend would cut all day "punching" well beyond its "weight" without ever an issue............

Anything we may have missed, or ideas on what else to check ?

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Chainsaw fuel caps do not vent.
Compression?
Compression release valve?
Intake tube?
Fuel lines leaking?
Fuel filter?
Flywheel key sheared?

dec967

Forum Newbie
Threads
Check the choke and make sure its not sticking. Compression release valve

Ifixdit

Threads
Still in the workshop tonight & trying to fix a Husky 455 that just about has us beat - the thing starts, runs & cuts fine for the first tank of fuel........but when hot from the second tank on just loses power & will not rev underload enough to get on the power band to cut with its usual power ( although it still starts fine & revs out unloaded).
We've tried everything we can think of - changed the air filter, cleaned the fuel pick up, wound the high jet up, checked the compression, changed the spark plug, cleaned the exhaust & the spark arrestor, even swapped the carby with another of our 455's with still no result on the original saw.........first time we've ever experienced this issue with a Husky, & this particular 455 up until last weekend would cut all day "punching" well beyond its "weight" without ever an issue............

Anything we may have missed, or ideas on what else to check ?

If it loses power after it gets hot and won't hold a load I would consider trying another coil. Good luck Down Under!!

MBTRAC

Threads
If it loses power after it gets hot and won't hold a load I would consider trying another coil. Good luck Down Under!!

Thanks & appreciate all the good thoughts - I'll swap out the coil at the weekend & see how it goes.........

taxidermist

Threads
Thanks & appreciate all the good thoughts - I'll swap out the coil at the weekend & see how it goes.........

I had this happen before and it was the clutch

Rob

MBTRAC

Threads
This 455 had me (& I might add our farm mechanics ) scratching our heads for ideas ( though if the truth be known our farm mechanics only gave it a cursory glance partly because they're busy, but more likely because they detest working on anything that does run preferably run diesel &/or have 4cyl's +)

In the end I took it to a Husky dealer & ...... it was a tiny leak in the head gasket that only opened up enough to cause drama when hot - Thanks again for all the input.