PTO deck engagement cable

chinara

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,
I'm trying to remove deck on an LT2000 Craftsman 21 hp 46" model #247.288852. Having trouble with plastic piece on deck engagement cable model #946-04173c. I've tried prying with a screwdriver and moving it around (although it won't move hardly at all). Is there a certain way to turn it or some other trick, or just brute force? I'm afraid I might break it. Trying to remove it to inspect loose spindle/mandrel/blade from another thread.

Ifixdit

Threads
Hi,
I'm trying to remove deck on an LT2000 Craftsman 21 hp 46" model #247.288852. Having trouble with plastic piece on deck engagement cable model #946-04173c. I've tried prying with a screwdriver and moving it around (although it won't move hardly at all). Is there a certain way to turn it or some other trick, or just brute force? I'm afraid I might break it. Trying to remove it to inspect loose spindle/mandrel/blade from another thread.

Remove the deck belt from the engine pulley. That will relieve the pressure off the idler pulley. There should be a cotter pin that is inserted in the plastic piece to hold it in place. Remove it (if it's still there), then you should be able to remove the spring attached to the idler pulley. Good luck!!

chinara

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, Ifixdit, you saved me again!