D110 And 250 Pounds

Whitey

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok, I am about to pull the trigger on a new John Deere D110. I have about 1/2 to 2/3 of an acre to mow, mostly level with just a few slight inclines to deal with. I am currently using my dear old dad's old Snapper rear engine mower and it wont hardly pull me around sometimes.

I visited a dealership this past Saturday as well as the Lowes store in Evansville. Both of them told me 250 pounds is not a problem, the D110 will pull me around just fine. I told the people at Lowes that I wasn't going to buy one from them since I wasn't from the area and I just wanted their professional opinion. Again, they said 250 pounds on a D110 is not a problem unless you have a hilly yard and steep inclines.

Also, someone posted in another thread that this D110 might only last 3-5 years. Is this really true, or did the poster not know what he's talking about? And is 250 pounds too much for a D110?

Mike

pile81

Threads
It will last as long as it is taken care of.....and it will pull you around fine even if you had some inclines and hilly property. ......plus you aren't mowing much at all

Whitey

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is the first really new/nicer riding mower that i have ever owned. I lived right next to my dad for years and he passed last March (2012) at the age of 94 and i inherited the Snapper to mow the yard. So bear with me here.

I am curious, how does that deck washer work? Assume you screw your hose into it, turn the water on, engage the blade, and water goes everywhere to clean the underside of the deck, correct? How often do you need to do this to keep the underside clean?

Mike

pile81

Threads
Well if you clean after every mow or every couple mows it will help will performance as well as wear on the blades. As junk builds under the deck it will harden and start taking the blades in making stripes in the yard etc.....

pile81

Threads
Oh and yes that's how it works, and sorry bout your pops I'm 32 and my dad died in 2001 at the age of 54 so i can relate

Whitey

Forum Newbie
Threads
Had the D110 for a couple of days now. Works just fine, goes right up the slight inclines without a problem, no hesitation at all. The mowing experience is alot nicer now as compared to the 11 year old Snapper. So far it was a good choice.

Mike

pile81

Threads
Good deal, change the oil and filter at 8 hours, then the normal service intervals after that, unless you live in a dry, dusty area then change the air filter more frequently, and keep your blades sharp and she'll run great for a long long time