Repairs cubcadet rzt 50

dbou392

Forum Newbie
Threads
My RZT 50 --the PTO willnot engage the blades. Belt is fine, pulleys are not jammed. Worked fine last week and now all of a sudden the PTO will not engage.

Rocketman

Threads
Your PTO is basically an electrically actuated clutch. There are safety switches on the control arms, and parking brake that hav eto be closed to allow the clutch to pick up. You will need a 12 volt test light or digital multi meter to troubleshoot the problem. Make sure there is power to the blade engagement switch, if there is not then the problem is upstream from there. Also check the wiring at the PTO and make sure it is connected and undamaged. I believe there is also a fuse in that circuit, so check the fuse as well.
With a digital multi meter, you should be able to see a resistance across the PTO terminals, if there is no resistance, the clutch coil is probably burnt out and is in an open condition.

So here are the possibility's:

Bad fuse

Bad blade engagement switch

Bad safety switch on control arms

Bad safety switch on the parking brake

Loose or disconnected wiring at the PTO

Burnt coil on PTO

And a disconnected wire anywhere in this series circuit.

There have been typical problems with the wiring at the PTO so check there first! Hope this helps man!

jimk9945

Forum Newbie
Threads
My RZT 50 --the PTO willnot engage the blades. Belt is fine, pulleys are not jammed. Worked fine last week and now all of a sudden the PTO will not engage.

I have a 2011 rzt 50" and have replaced my switches many times.Switches on handles