Online purchase?

Brucebotti

Threads
That's cool. Keeps it real to the fact we are more than just screen names. I didn't realize Watkins was bought too. I used them when working in Philly. The family owned company deal is why I use R&L.

Steve

Steve,
I have heard good things about R&L. Family business' s tend to be more "friendly". It's funny how the employee manual at Watkins was about 35 pages. The FedEx one was as thick as a phone book. FedEx spends multi-millions every year to keep the company non-union. At Watkins, the founder of the company had one statement in the Manager's Manual. It said "Treat the employees so well, that they won't want a union". It doesn't get much simpler than that!
Bruce

Brucebotti

Threads
I just wanted to update everyone on my recent Toro MX5060 online purchase. I went with MowerSource.com out of MN. I was able to take advantage of the Toro $150 instant rebate, free shipping including lift gate service, and even an online $20 coupon (every little bit helps). They shipped it via FedEx Freight, the same day I ordered it. I ordered it on a Wednesday and received it yesterday. It was delayed a few days due to the holiday, and me pushing it off a day. If I had ordered it Tuesday, I would have received it on Friday. That's pretty amazing to go from MN to CT in that amount of time!

When it arrived, the outer carton was flopping around and was basically unattached. I asked the driver to make a note of that on his paperwork, but he went one better. After he put it in my garage, we took off the outer carton and he went over it with a fine tooth comb. There was not a single scratch or hint of damage of any kind. The hardes part was getting it off the pallets. There was a 5x8 foot pallet that the mower was on. This was then stacked on a 40x48 inch shipping pallet. After a few hours with an engine hoist, floor jack, hammer, pry bar, and a sawzall, I was all set.

To make a long story short, I would give MowerSource.com and FedEx Freight 5-star ratings, and wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again.

Thanks,
Bruce

RatRacer

Threads
I just wanted to update everyone on my recent Toro MX5060 online purchase. I went with MowerSource.com out of MN. I was able to take advantage of the Toro $150 instant rebate, free shipping including lift gate service, and even an online $20 coupon (every little bit helps). They shipped it via FedEx Freight, the same day I ordered it. I ordered it on a Wednesday and received it yesterday. It was delayed a few days due to the holiday, and me pushing it off a day. If I had ordered it Tuesday, I would have received it on Friday. That's pretty amazing to go from MN to CT in that amount of time!

When it arrived, the outer carton was flopping around and was basically unattached. I asked the driver to make a note of that on his paperwork, but he went one better. After he put it in my garage, we took off the outer carton and he went over it with a fine tooth comb. There was not a single scratch or hint of damage of any kind. The hardes part was getting it off the pallets. There was a 5x8 foot pallet that the mower was on. This was then stacked on a 40x48 inch shipping pallet. After a few hours with an engine hoist, floor jack, hammer, pry bar, and a sawzall, I was all set.

To make a long story short, I would give MowerSource.com and FedEx Freight 5-star ratings, and wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again.

Thanks,
Bruce

Good to know Bruce, and congrats on getting your new ride home. I bet use anticipation is killer, waiting for the weekend to arrive.:wink:

Brucebotti

Threads
Good to know Bruce, and congrats on getting your new ride home. I bet use anticipation is killer, waiting for the weekend to arrive.:wink:

RatRacer,
I used it a little tonight to try and get used to the ZTR after driving lawn / garden tractors all my life. It may take a while to teach this old dog any new tricks. :laughing:
Bruce

RatRacer

Threads
RatRacer,
I used it a little tonight to try and get used to the ZTR after driving lawn / garden tractors all my life. It may take a while to teach this old dog any new tricks. :laughing:
Bruce

Dude!
It's just like Battle Zone, 'cept no turret, scud missiles or pyramids to maneuver around. :confused2: