Tecumseh Carburetor Flooding

gregyore

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a murray push mower with a Tecumseh series 6 carburetor. I have complete disassembled the carb, put new seals and gaskets. Carb continues to flood/drain fuel out. I hooked up the fuel without the bowl on it, and the fuel would stop when I lifted the float up. Float checks out ok, and needle seats fine. Any other suggestions?

gregyore

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did some looking on-line, the carburetor is a model 632670.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
It can only be something to do with float, needle or seat. or has you say "it works o.k without the bowl on" so check when you refit it.

WORN NEEDLE AND SEAT
This is another area that can wear rapidly from dirt or foreign matter in the fuel system. This condition creates a poor seal at the seat area causing the carburetor to flood or the engine to run rich. This can also cause the needle to stick in the seat which will stop the flow of fuel.

gregyore

Forum Newbie
Threads
With the bowl on, I can turn it upside down and try to blow through the fuel inlet, and none comes through, rightside up air flows through fine. I read somewhere that if the vent is clogged, it won't allow the float to rise. Does anyone know where the vent is on this carb?

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Maybe this may help you.......

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.bmp
    2 MB · Views: 16

Ifixdit

Threads
I have a murray push mower with a Tecumseh series 6 carburetor. I have complete disassembled the carb, put new seals and gaskets. Carb continues to flood/drain fuel out. I hooked up the fuel without the bowl on it, and the fuel would stop when I lifted the float up. Float checks out ok, and needle seats fine. Any other suggestions?

When you had the carb apart did you shake the float and make sure it didn't have any gas in it? Even though you properly tested the needle and seat, the float won't float well and close the seat if its holding fluid.