"LITTLE WONDER" it ever runs Leaf Blower w B&S 11HP I/C engine HELP !!!!!!

JP56

Threads
  • / "LITTLE WONDER" it ever runs Leaf Blower w B&S 11HP I/C engine HELP !!!!!!
"LITTLE WONDER" it ever runs Leaf Blower w B&S 11HP I/C engine HELP !!!!!!

:confused2:B&S Engine ID as follows:

MODEL TYPE CODE
254422 052601 9008 0711

After having taken a good look at the engine & carbafter responses from my original post, I think quite possibly that my real problem may be that I am missing some linkage rods & possibly a spring, all connecting from the Carb/choke/governor set up.

My machine has just 1 linkage rod from the bracket upto the carb throttle plate, & one spring from the governor arm down to the same pivoting part at the bottom of the bracket. I think there should be 1 or 2 more rods involved, & possibly 1 more spring.

I think this is the problem, because I went to the B&S site & found the parts sheet. My problem continues to be, that every place I look for info, I cannot find diagrams or parts SPECIFIC to my engine, but rather 2 or 3 variations on the parts with foot notes, & not a single clear pic or photo. I have also noticed that they have possibly 2 or 3 throttle mounting brackets for this engine according to the drawings I have seen both in B&S books & on their web site.

Mine does not look like either of the 2 I have found under parts pics, but IS very similar to them. This may just be a fluke because all of the pictures are hand drawn sketches not actual photos of the parts.

I am in desperate need of a Picture,Diagram or even a Hand Drawn sketch of the carb to bracket to governor assembly from the back side that will show all springs & rods in place.

Harriet

Threads
Re: "LITTLE WONDER" it ever runs Leaf Blower w B&S 11HP I/C engine HELP !!!!!!

Sounds like you're really spinning your wheels on this. Unless you're really into doing it yourself, sounds like you could use some help from a pro.

JP56

Threads

Hi Harriet, This is the 3rd group/forum I have joined looking for answers. I am disabled & living on a fixed income, so a "pro" is out of the question ! The price of parts alone will probably kill me from what I have looked at online.
As far as into "doing it on my own", I sure am ! Always was and always will be as long as I can breath, move & hold tools. Have always done all my own repairs & rebuilt my own car engines as well.

I have actually narrowed down my problem, I THINK! It appears from what I see on the B&S Parts list, that someone had previously had this thing apart for some reason & lost ot left off more than 1/2 the parts that control the carb, governor, & mounting bracket !!

I have one linkage rod & spring left on it, from the governor lever to the throttle. That is why I am now searching for a drawing, sketch or photo now showing the rods and their placement on the back side of the bracket.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads

I have one linkage rod & spring left on it, from the governor lever to the throttle. That is why I am now searching for a drawing, sketch or photo now showing the rods and their placement on the back side of the bracket.

post a picture of what you have....

JP56

Threads

I will try to get a picture of what is left of the carb/Governor & control bracket assembly and get it posted here shortly if I can.

I have actually narrowed down my problem, I THINK! It appears from what I see on the B&S Parts list, that someone had previously had this thing apart for some reason & lost ot left off more than 1/2 the parts that control the carb, governor, & mounting bracket !!

I have one linkage rod & spring left on it, from the governor lever to the throttle. They are part # 202 on page 8 of the attached file, & part # 209 on page 9

That is why I am now searching for a drawing, sketch or photo now showing the rods and their placement on the back side of the bracket.

In going over the parts list more carefully, IF I am understanding the way they have the parts listed, what I think I have figured out & think I am missing according to the B&S Parts Illustration for my model, is:
1) Choke Rod # 216
2) Choke Link # 216A
3) Spring Link # 217
4) Washer # 218

and I am not sure if I should have these on mine as well:

1) Nut # 206

2) Spring Control Rod # 207

3) Rod Governor Control # 208

I also noticed a fuel pump & pump mounting bracket on the parts list,

#'s 788 & 387, neither of which is on my engine. It was hooked with a hose direct from the fuel tank to the carburater with an inline filter.

I am thinking that IF ALL of these parts do belong on my engine, it never should have started or run at all!

The control BRACKET on my engine for the parts I listed above, is shown as part # 222. If you think I am correct as to the missing linkages & springs, & could possibly draw me a pic of where they belong, that would be fantastic !!

Attachments

• 254400 Parts List.pdf
    978.3 KB · Views: 13