L120 BAGGER PROBLEM

willey

Forum Newbie
Threads
HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO GET THE BAGGER ASSEMBLY TO WORK ON THE L120 WITH 48" DECK. MY LOCAL JOHN DEERE DEALERS SUGEST THAT I DO NOT BUY ONE THEY SAY THAT THEY WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY WITH THAT BIG OF DECK UNLESS IT IS A POWERFLOW SYSTEM.

PJ

Threads
HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO GET THE BAGGER ASSEMBLY TO WORK ON THE L120 WITH 48" DECK. MY LOCAL JOHN DEERE DEALERS SUGEST THAT I DO NOT BUY ONE THEY SAY THAT THEY WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY WITH THAT BIG OF DECK UNLESS IT IS A POWERFLOW SYSTEM.

I have a 140 with a 48" deck and a bagger working like a dream. Couple of provisos, gras must be dry, you must fit the correct high lift blades and if it blocks the firs time clear it properly. When fitting the device make sure their is no obstacles that can block or hinder the grass flow to the top

regards
PJ

Carl T

Threads
I have a L130 and it works great but you must use John Deere hi-lift blades I have not found a set of aftermarket hi-lift only mulchers.

PJ

Threads
I have a L130 and it works great but you must use John Deere hi-lift blades I have not found a set of aftermarket hi-lift only mulchers.

When I purchased the unit from our J D dealer he gave me a set of blades and suggested I use them witch I did and it works fine. My problem is I have not got a off season any more Summer I am moving lawn and winter time I have to pick up leaves with my John Deere

PJ

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just spent some time on the Sears site and happened accross the bagger section testimonials. Seem like they have gone to the mesh bags replacing the hard baskets which work well on my Craftsman dyt 4000 48." There are numerous complaints about these fitting properly but they seem to work.

Carl T

Threads
I just spent some time on the Sears site and happened accross the bagger section testimonials. Seem like they have gone to the mesh bags replacing the hard baskets which work well on my Craftsman dyt 4000 48." There are numerous complaints about these fitting properly but they seem to work.

John Deere uses the mesh bags which work well the only drawback is rodent damage over winter. I have a number of large oak and hickory trees in the yard. The hi-lift blades work so well they vacuum up the nuts but shred them before depositing them into the bags. The oils left behind are a prime attraction for all types of rodents. I usually have to keep them in a sealed storage box for the winter or the mice/squirrels will make holes in them.

I had a almost new snapper bagger for the old aluminum deck V21, the mice did it in and they are NLA from a dealer patching was not an option as the entire connection point to the chute was gone.