M-ZT 52 Review

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I was all over them like fly's on crap, since they're the only place that has youtube vid's. I talked to them several times, but I was leary of their "local shipping charge" of $225 to a trucking terminal. All the trucking companies I deal with "come to me" to pick up freight, so I suspect it's a hokie termed pocket paddder.

Hey...that dealer Moto110ky is talking about must be Southern Lawn Equipment in Nashville, TN!! They have a local reputation of performing a little "smoke & mirrors" or "nut shell games" with customers. Be careful with them!!!!

Moto110ky

Threads
Just to be clear , I am not reccomending sle in Nashville I was just reffering to the low price on the mowers.I thought something was strange though because some mowers they will deliver for the $225 but others are local pick-up only. That will be a helpfull post for future user. Thanks djdicetn

SCMCG

Threads
LOL, good to know as I was considering them(sle). I am finding a good price from eastern truck equip in Maryland but they are out of the 52 and only have the 61". Does Mowers4less finance?

RatRacer

Threads
LOL, good to know as I was considering them(sle). I am finding a good price from eastern truck equip in Maryland but they are out of the 52 and only have the 61". Does Mowers4less finance?

Yes, through Sheffield. That's what I did.

Well I got it fired up, and moved it. That caused one of the tranny reservoirs to empty out, guess it wasn't fully burped. Got some oil on the way home tonight, to refill and drive tomorrow.

krackle

Threads
Just a question and it may be dumb, but if you buy and get it shipped. What if something goes wrong because the owner put something together wrong...Would that still be covered under warranty?

RatRacer

Threads
Just a question and it may be dumb, but if you buy and get it shipped. What if something goes wrong because the owner put something together wrong...Would that still be covered under warranty?

Not a dumb question.
It is impossible, as this comes completely assembled. The only things you need to do (after uncrating) is turn the roll bar around, check fluids, check tire air pressures, add gas, verify bade height, connect the neg. terminal on battery (and charge if needed) and adjust the seat and lap bars to your liking. Easy novice stuff. Once you register the warranty info, it doesn't matter where you bought it, Husqvarna's local contractor is who carries out the repairs. I made sure to inquire as to how it all works before I bought. And, I made sure I also had a contingency repair person on stand by, just in case.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not a dumb question.
It is impossible, as this comes completely assembled. The only things you need to do (after uncrating) is turn the roll bar around, check fluids, check tire air pressures, add gas, verify bade height, connect the neg. terminal on battery (and charge if needed) and adjust the seat and lap bars to your liking. Easy novice stuff. Once you register the warranty info, it doesn't matter where you bought it, Husqvarna's local contractor is who carries out the repairs. I made sure to inquire as to how it all works before I bought. And, I made sure I also had a contingency repair person on stand by, just in case.

That sounds like me...currently replacing my dead home computer(2005 Compaq Presario RIP since last Saturday). So now I'm straddling the fence between a new Windows PC or investing in a Mac computer(that costs twice as much). Since I'm retiring this coming October I want something that's gonna last and am preparing(like you did) for the week following bringing the new one home and trying to get back to "where I was last Friday":0)

SCMCG

Threads
Yes, through Sheffield. That's what I did.

Well I got it fired up, and moved it. That caused one of the tranny reservoirs to empty out, guess it wasn't fully burped. Got some oil on the way home tonight, to refill and drive tomorrow.
Well, how does it mow?:biggrin:

RatRacer

Threads
Well, the first mow is in the books.
This thing is frickin' AWESOME! After blowing off the cobwebs of my 15yr hiatus of using the sticks, popping on my mp3 playing NRR23 range protectors, we got down to playin' some high speed tank commander.
First, the seat. A very nice faux leather over a high & medium gel foam mix that is conforming and comfortable on the bottom, as well as shock absorbent. Arm rests are too low to use while mowing, but nicely contoured when you stop for a drink.
Second, the build. I had this thing in my swale's, maneuvering all over the inclines and culvert, and the frame didn't even flex a scoche. My JD would flex wildly, popping wheels off the ground. I'd almost dare to match this construction to Hustler's.
Third, the speed. 10mph is the cats meow for all the open ground I needed to cover (cut my neighbors yard too). Even though I have the ROPS down, putting on the seat belt really helped keep me firmly planted in the seat with all the minor bumps and inclines. With the speed, there times I was bucked up, causing momentary pressure switch cutoff, even my 200+lb rear before buckling up.

The 28hp Briggs Endurance runs smoothly, has very good pull and moves this 700+ lb beast pretty non-laboriously up some decent inclines. We'll see after we get some hours on it, if it keeps its perfomance.

The annoying niggles:
The sticks have a squeak at the joints where they meet at the dampeners. Will fix with some of my moly/silicone grease blend I concocted. The faux gas tank side, where the control panel is, is mounted kind of loose and has minor rattling. Will find way to affix better.
All the grease points and service areas are very easily accessible, so maintenance will be a breeze. A lot of design thought went into this machine, and I'm sure it will allow for a very long life.

2 thumbs up here.
Would recommend, and buy again.