M-ZT 52 Review

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
35 hours on mine. Failed to start once, would not even crank over, ended up having to jumper out the solenoid so I could get it loaded and get home. Never failed since then, go figure. I did notice the back side of my deck belt looked a little roughed up, found the idler pulley sitting at an angle due to a loose bolt. Hopefully it has not hurt the belt very bad. I still think my cut is not too great, got to run really slow to get a good smooth cut, dandelions it knocks over if not going slow.

Dandelions are not easy to mow. The stalk lays over too easily. Spraying to kill dandelions and clover in the early spring will save you a lot of grief when mowing. It rained so much here that I didn't get a chance to spray mine and I had 4 acres of solid dandelions. I mowed my lawn lower than I have since I have been at my new home and it did ok (2.25 "). There are still several standing back up, but it looks much better than it did. I hate mowing that low, but I needed to do something. I still may spray my lawn this weekend.

Dave1954

Threads
Just mowed the yards with the new Oregon g5 gator blades and they cut everything, not a dandy lion left but I did run over some of it twice due to being a little damp, been raining here in Ga, most every day so had to wait till a two day rain free period to get it cut and it was at least 2'' higher than when I cut it. the blades did well better than the factory blades as to cut. ebay had them, 47.00 shipped for 3.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just mowed the yards with the new Oregon g5 gator blades and they cut everything, not a dandy lion left but I did run over some of it twice due to being a little damp, been raining here in Ga, most every day so had to wait till a two day rain free period to get it cut and it was at least 2'' higher than when I cut it. the blades did well better than the factory blades as to cut. ebay had them, 47.00 shipped for 3.

Been raining here in west tennessee 3 or 4 days a week too. I mow my lawn and the dandelions pop back up a couple of days later. I have been looking into g6 blades for my icd deck. Think I'm going to pick some up this weekend if I can find some.

Dave1954

Threads
Well here is a end of season review on my MZT52, well I thought I liked the gator blades, they did good but in October I noticed the mower had a vibration, it cut fine so I finished the two yards. I thought I might have bent a blade or something so not having more blades except the factory ones which still looked new I put them back on. Well not only was the vibration gone but the mower ran smoother and the cut was as good or nicer than with the gators. I did lean something after I switched blades the first time and that was to run the mower full throttle, in the beginning I wasn't use to a zero and only ran at 3/4 so I think this is why I thought the original blades were not so good. The gators I removed looked fine, but I noticed how much heavier the stock blades were, I think I will stick with the stock blades in the future. I also did a full service, changed the oil, filter and cleaned the air filter boy it was dirty! Im not in the business so it caught it all from mowing two yards twice a month so keep a eye on yours. Everything else has been great on the mower, it seems to have been a good choice.

tom-ky

Threads
Mowed last week with mine, mowed yard here and house in town. Got home mower would not start, got something to troubleshoot on it. Only got 60 some hours on it, a little disappointing

kingb0305

Threads
This is an older thread, but thought I would add to it. I just picked up the M-ZT 52 with a Kawasaki FS engine. Like many, I went to all my local shops and looked at all the options available. They included SCAG, Hustler, Ferris, Toro, Kubota, and Gravely. In the end, I went with the Husqvarna because it had better components and specs for the same or better price than the comparable models of the other brands. It is comfortable and seems VERY well built. By the time I made my decision and the dealer had it set up for delivery, my grass had grown in pretty thick and tall. The M-ZT didn't care. Not only did it go through without issue, it spread the clippings surprisingly well. I've only used it a few times, but so far I am extremely happy with my choice.

BigNuge

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thought I'd wake this thread up, wondering how all of you M-ZT 52 owners are doing with your machines. I just picked mine up 10 days ago, has 2 cuts on it, and several rides for the kids....??

Just cut yesterday, what a dream to mow with compared to my 14 year old JD L120!! The clock just hit 2.0 hours, and I've loved every minute of it. Oil still looks and smells new (as it should), as does the hydro oil. I blow the machine off with compressed air after every mow, so it still looks like the day I brought it home.

Anyway, how about all you guys that should have 100+ hours....?

kingb0305

Threads
I have a little over 50 hours on mine now and still believe I made the absolute best decision for my needs. The mower has stood up to anything I throw at it and then some, no issues at all. I don't think I could be happier.

RogerMower

Forum Newbie
Threads
Wow wish I could afford one of those. Looks really nice and solid as mentioned.
Thanks!:smile:

RatRacer

Threads
Wow wish I could afford one of those. Looks really nice and solid as mentioned.
Thanks!:smile:

Still running well just shy of the 5yr mark. Only issues has been a roofing nail in the front tire, and it wont hold air any longer with a plug, and battery replacement.