M-ZT 52 Review

edd

Threads
hey serelaw......if you want to see bahaia ride down here to southeast alabama.....i will even bag you some up to take and show the '' yankees '' in north alabama.......what motor did you get on your mzt ?.....i am seeing briggs endurance and briggs commercial turf on different mzt's......are they the same engine?

serelaw

Threads
Hy edd.
It came with a 28 hp B&S Commercial turf.
The guy said it is the same engine as the 30 hp but the muffler or carb was different.
Thanks ric for the reply. Other than my mistake of the 691v being a cc, I know what the torque ratings are.
I am looking for "Why the kawasaki has so much more torque".
Even the 541v 600cc FR541V | Kawasaki - Engines, Replacement Parts, and Power Productsengine has 2 more hp than my 810cc engine they say. I call shenanigans anyway.
I am looking for how they come up with the figure and why the engine is so superman like to the other makers offerings.
I am trying to find out if it has an oil pump. Cast iron sleeves, fuel injection,
heavier crankshaft, higher rpm or headwork or more valves or fairy dust, or something to justify the completely (to me at least) outrageous claims.
I found this linkKawasaki first among small-engine makers to get.
And this FR600V | Kawasaki - Engines, Replacement Parts, and Power Products.
This is hard to find info for me.
If anyone can lead me to some hard intel that explains how kawasaki can do something no other maker chooses to do
please link away.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I thought it had the FS651V not fs691v??
It's hard to tell on the Husqvarna website exactly which Kawa engine the M-ZT 52 comes with. It says Kawasaki FS series and then in the specs it states 724cc and 22hp. I can't really find a specific engine model# 0n the Husqvarna website. All I can say about the Kawa-Briggs "controversy" is that user RatRacer has the M-ZT 52 with the Briggs on it and he says it does bog down a little. I have the Kawasaki FX Series model FX691V on my Gravely(it is the 23hp 726cc engine being discussed....just the FX commercial duty versus the FS heavy duty). And when I first got my Gravely I mowed my neglected lawn that was at least 6"-7" tall(mowing at 2.5 inches). That was before I bought my mulch kit and I was side discharging and I must say that cutting that tall grass produced some windrows that were between 8"-10" deep. I mowed over those windrows with the Gravely and I could not even detect a difference in the sound of the engine, much less hear the blades bogging down. I chopped right through those clippings like they weren't even there. It took a couple of passes, but the Gravely pretty well cut the clippings fine enough where you couldn't see any remaining grass clippings. I have had two B & S engines on my previous lawn tractors(a 22hp Vanguard, which was a VERY good engine and a 24hp Intek which couldn't hold a candle to the Vanguard much less my Kawa). It indeed is more about the torque than the hp when it comes to mowing performance and I'd still take a Kawa over anything else out there. Of course that is simply based upon my first-hand experience comparing B & S to Kawa ownership performance:0)

tom-ky

Threads
I have only put about 5 hours on my MZT 52 and have not noticed the Briggs bogging down any. Mowed a section here on the farm that was over 6 inches tall and real thick and it never seem to bog. Mowed part of a vacant house yard next to the house in town, fairly tall but not thick and it doesn't seem to strain it at all. Now I don't run as fast as some people. One thin I noticed in the specs previously posted is the Kawasaki has a longer stroke which helps the torque.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
It's hard to tell on the Husqvarna website exactly which Kawa engine the M-ZT 52 comes with. It says Kawasaki FS series and then in the specs it states 724cc and 22hp. I can't really find a specific engine model# 0n the Husqvarna website. All I can say about the Kawa-Briggs "controversy" is that user RatRacer has the M-ZT 52 with the Briggs on it and he says it does bog down a little. I have the Kawasaki FX Series model FX691V on my Gravely(it is the 23hp 726cc engine being discussed....just the FX commercial duty versus the FS heavy duty). And when I first got my Gravely I mowed my neglected lawn that was at least 6"-7" tall(mowing at 2.5 inches). That was before I bought my mulch kit and I was side discharging and I must say that cutting that tall grass produced some windrows that were between 8"-10" deep. I mowed over those windrows with the Gravely and I could not even detect a difference in the sound of the engine, much less hear the blades bogging down. I chopped right through those clippings like they weren't even there. It took a couple of passes, but the Gravely pretty well cut the clippings fine enough where you couldn't see any remaining grass clippings. I have had two B & S engines on my previous lawn tractors(a 22hp Vanguard, which was a VERY good engine and a 24hp Intek which couldn't hold a candle to the Vanguard much less my Kawa). It indeed is more about the torque than the hp when it comes to mowing performance and I'd still take a Kawa over anything else out there. Of course that is simply based upon my first-hand experience comparing B & S to Kawa ownership performance:0)

The Husqvarna site is wrong. The only FS 22 hp is the FS 651 @ 726cc. The Briggs there using on the m-zt Husqvarna I believe is the one with the new Endurance 26 hp Cyclonic air system which is the old Intek engine with a new air system. and if you think It's indeed is more about the torque than the hp when it comes to mowing performance don't buy the Briggs, My FS 541 15hp kawasaki has more torque than there 26hp.

serelaw

Threads
EDD,
My eyes deceived me dude.
It says "Endurance Commercial" JD1940 sae 28 max hp
And another sticker that says "cyclonic air filter".
Damn I coulda sworn it was the Commercial Turf engine.
No worrys. It is a beast of an engine and gives me no hint of running out of power.
ric is right about on the website the engines are listed as 26hp.
I am looking for what possible differences there could be right now.

Last edited:

serelaw

Threads
EDD,
I called B&S and left message to call back. The wait time was 13 minutes.
ur two engines seem to be identical @ first glance. Cast iron sleeves,
beefed up cylinder block and debris filtration.
I called the mechanic where I bought my mower and he said same engine as far as he can tell.
In one of my videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qi6ne9UNRw
you can see me cutting some really high stuff (Bush Hog like)and the engine does not bog or strain at all.
model 49L977 49.42 cu in
Engine Selection
Match the engine’s performance and cost to your specific application to get the optimum performance at an
affordable price. That means better value for you.
• Vanguard™ OHV (overhead valve) engines are maximum performance, cast iron sleeved engines.
- select for continuous heavy duty applications.
• INTEK™ PRO, Industrial Plus™ and I/C® (Industrial/Commercial) engines are cast iron sleeved.
- select for medium duty commercial, industrial and rental use.

• INTEK™and PowerBuilt™ engines are aluminum cylinder bore OHV engines.
- select for general consumer use.
• Standard engines are aluminum cylinder bore, side valve engines.
- select for general consumer use.
We have cast iron sleeve
Here is a 724 cc with massive torque 53.45 Series 8 Commercial Turf Series

Last edited:

Arnezie

Threads
Impressive video. I'll let ya know if the Kawasaki can do that when it arrives at the end off the week.