Toro Timemaster Problem

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You are going to hate me for saying this, but this is a prime example why I preach, buy from a dealer. They would have set the first one up properly and you would not have needed a second one. This is not a Toro problem, and blaming them is wrong. The second one probably just needs a little check over to run right. The only thing a can tell you is to bite the bullet and if you don't feel it is running correctly, take it to a dealer and have him check it over. Depending on the dealer and what he finds, you may have to pay a little to have this problem solved.

jobowers

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have no doubt that buying from a toro dealer is better for service and situations like this. I may have to bring it in for a checkup because I'm sure the machine is fine and just needs to be tuned. I turned it on last nigth for a minute and seemed to run smoothly. We'll see how it does next cut.

Thanks for your input.

mgplencia

Forum Newbie
Threads
I ran into this situation with a TimeMaster I bought last weekend (23-Aug-14) at a dealer. How hard should the mower "pull" when the personal pace bar is fully engaged?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I ran into this situation with a TimeMaster I bought last weekend (23-Aug-14) at a dealer. How hard should the mower "pull" when the personal pace bar is fully engaged?

It should definately pull when engaged that's what it is designed to do. Something is misadjusted, what I have noticed with the toro 21" personal pace mowers is that when someone folds the handle bars down it pulls the drive cable tight and have seen it bend and kink. And the ones I've seen which people leave them in the folded position for extended periods of time(a year or two) is that the cable stretches and doesn't work right.

PeaceLoveLawn

Forum Newbie
Threads
You are going to hate me for saying this, but this is a prime example why I preach, buy from a dealer. They would have set the first one up properly and you would not have needed a second one. This is not a Toro problem, and blaming them is wrong. The second one probably just needs a little check over to run right. The only thing a can tell you is to bite the bullet and if you don't feel it is running correctly, take it to a dealer and have him check it over. Depending on the dealer and what he finds, you may have to pay a little to have this problem solved.

Rivets,
I too have this same issue with the TimeMaster self-propel, what is the fix for the issue ? The cable pulls when the handle is pushed but the mower does not go anywhere.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi All,

Just bought a Toro Timemaster 30inch mower and used it once. It cut and mulched great, happy with that. My problem is that the personal pace mechanism squeals when i start the machine moving. Also, I noticed that it doesn't move as fast as it did when I first used it. If I push the bar all the way down, it should take off, but it doesn't and is very sluggish. Anyone have the same problem? The sqealing sounds like a belt could be lose, which would explain the slow movement. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris

I have a Time Master that we bought in 2014. It is a great little mower. There is hardly a day that it does not come off of the trailer. We use it to mulch, discharge, and bag, depending on the yard we are working on......

When I first got mine I had to adjust the cable on the personal pace system. Ever since i did that that part has worked flawless.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You need to adjust the Personal Pace cable to add more tension to the belt. Loosen the nut or knob and pull the cable housing toward the engine. Properly adjusted there should be a slight slack in the cable, so it does not engage instantaneously.