Buying Advice Review of my Honda HRX217HYA

JBrzoz00

Threads
Awesome machine !! Very pleased with my new HYA

SalukiJim

Forum Newbie
Threads
Robert

Does the extension to the warranty still apply? Receiving my new HRX217HYA tomorrow...

Jim

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Robert

Does the extension to the warranty still apply? Receiving my new HRX217HYA tomorrow...

Jim

Hey Jim:

Sorry, but the promo period expired at the end of May. You'll get the standard 60 month warranty on your new HRX. Thanks for choosing Honda!

SalukiJim

Forum Newbie
Threads
Robert

Thanks again. I have to say, your replies on these threads have helped a lot.

Jim

SalukiJim

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here it is, in all its beauty! My brand new HRX217HYA.

• Less than 5 minutes from opening the box to ready-to-run
  • Started first pull (of course)
  • This thing is QUIET
  • Too wet to mow today - it thunderstormed - but I was able to run it and test all the basics

20160706_173146.jpg

Snapperfreak

Threads
Ahhh that is beautiful. Congrats on the new awesome Honda! Almost don't want to get it dirty! Almost. Yep you'll really enjoy mowing with that.

rash3d

Threads
2 things i like about Honda
fuel efficiency
great engine

robnav

Forum Newbie
Threads
Likes: Powerful cut with no bogging when mulching; bagging convenient able to keep engine running when emptying; ability to switch bag to mulch on the fly; one pull start; able to set drive speed.

Dislikes/nuisances: Governor surges when blade is not engaged... cannot drop throttle to slow when emptying bag or engine will stall.

Mower is only in second season and has already had a warranty carb replacement. I love the mower but for $700 I expect it to operate per instructions... if surging is normal Honda should remove the slow throttle setting. End of this season it will be back to the dealer for another warranty investigation. I use 91 octane fuel with Stabil Marine.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Governor surges when blade is not engaged... cannot drop throttle to slow when emptying bag or engine will stall.

That is usually fixed with a PROPER throttle cable and/or governor tweak. If you do get it back to the dealer, tell them that needs to be resolved. No reason the engine should surge at idle. A absolutely clean carb and correct adjustment(s) will get you to a smooth, steady idle.

horsey55

Forum Newbie
Threads
New member here.I purchased one of these earlier this week from my local Honda dealer who has always taken great care of me with my previous purchases,a HRR216VKA and a HS520 snowthrower.My old mower had 5 seasons of pretty hard residential use,and basically needed minor repairs like new wheels and bearings,height adjusters,and a good tune up,but still ran and operated well.
I decided to trade it in and move up to the HRX217,it seemed to be a significant upgrade and worth it to me.Glad to be aboard,it is still in the box and I am looking forward to Spring to try it out and have a full report.Happy New Year to all!

Oh,I was going to put a coat of Race Glaze polish on at least the top side of the Nexite deck,I take that is not a bad idea?Thanks!