Buying Advice Review of my Honda HRX217HYA

Penzzz

Forum Newbie
Threads
You just get better service from a dealer if you have a problem with it!

Thanks guys, the reason I ask is when I visited a John Deere dealership for parts (bought mower there) they always asked. They claimed the same model sold thru big box stores was built with different parts. Could have been BS I guess.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks guys, the reason I ask is when I visited a John Deere dealership for parts (bought mower there) they always asked. They claimed the same model sold thru big box stores was built with different parts. Could have been BS I guess.

If it was not made the same they could not sell it as the same model number.

That's like ford saying we only build the cars right for our best dealers.

Buy a mower at a dealer and use it for two weeks and bring it back saying I don't like take it back. Haha they going to tell you to leave. Home Depot will take it back

Threads

Buy a mower at a dealer and use it for two weeks and bring it back saying I don't like take it back. Haha they going to tell you to leave. Home Depot will take it back

I was able to return my Billy Goat HomePro 34 to my dealer, but that was just because I REALLY didn't like it, and they understood. I got all $1600 back. :redface:

Penzzz

Forum Newbie
Threads

OK Honda team, my new mower sits in the back of my minivan. Purchased at Home Depot, Honda package label says it's Model HRX2174HYA. Still the exact same mower as HRX217HYA? I hate to by such a skeptic, but since the Home Depot price is $100 below Honda's MSRP, I can't help but wonder if it's a cheapened model. I plan to contact Honda before unloading from the van.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Is this the same as Honda's own HRX217HXA? The specs are identical but Home Depot's is $100 less. What's missing?
Asked by Jay about GCV190 21 in. Nexite Deck Blade Stop System Cruise Control Gas Mower on November 27, 2011
Answer this question
2 answers
Jay
Centerville, Ohio
November 28, 2011
After posting this question I called Honda. The Home Depot models are exactly the same as the ones sold by Honda dealers (lawn equipment retailers). The Honda rep said that it is illegal for any company to require that everyone sell their products at the same price. Home Depot buys in larger volume and can afford to sell at a lower price. Very smart. I'll be buying my Honda mower next Spring from Home Depot. And for the past number of years Honda has been extending the warranty by one year for mowers bought and registered between March 1st and May 31st. Also note that you're not beholden to Home Depot for service just because you bought your mower there; you can go to any authorized Honda service center for both in-warranty and out-of-warranty repairs.

Threads
OK Honda team, my new mower sits in the back of my minivan. Purchased at Home Depot, Honda package label says it's Model HRX2174HYA. Still the exact same mower as HRX217HYA? I hate to by such a skeptic, but since the Home Depot price is $100 below Honda's MSRP, I can't help but wonder if it's a cheapened model. I plan to contact Honda before unloading from the van.

To answer your first question, there are no differences between the HRX217HYA and the HRX2174HYA. The "4" just shows what update of the HYA it is. When the label just says HRX217HYA, it's just the general model number.

beamo

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just bought a Honda HRX from a LOCAL dealer. I can't see getting service from my neighbor on a mower I wouldn't buy from him. If I were him, I wouldn't service a Home Depot mower. What's the difference spread over 10-15 years...that's how long they last. Buy local help your neighbor. Mr. A. Blank doesn't need another football team or private island, but your neighbor's kid might need braces. It just seems right.

J-D-H

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi-

I recently bought your exact model mower -- yesterday! Having only mowed our lawn with it for a few minutes so far, I obviously have almost no experience with it yet. However I did notice one slight irritation -- dust collection on the outside of the mower deck. It was amazing to see how much dust it picked up in so short a time! Presumably this is because the deck is some type of plastic? I spoke with another owner, his does the same thing, so he has been treating his deck with an anti-static spray. This might have been an okay fix, except he finds he needs to do this before EACH mowing! Do you know if anyone has come up with a better solution for this problem? Thanks.......

John