New Member...

Rock Crusher

Forum Newbie
Threads
My name is Scott and I have a craftsman push mower, not a self-propelled. I know it's not the best mower in the world, but it was free. And the only money I spent on it was for a tune-up, $60. Probably too much, but I don't know how to fix them. Yet, that's why I'm here.
Thank you

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Tune-up by a good shop is not too high if they replaced the plug, filter, and oil. Sharpened the blade and cleaned the deck, plus lubed the wheels.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
And again, Rivets is right... that is not really too much if they did a good job...
AND you are right, if you hang around these Forums, You Will learn how to do the majority of these routine maintenance chores... and each time you do them, you will be saving More & learning just a bit more about your equipment... :smile:KennyV

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
:welcome: Scott to the forum. You can't beat free. Stay tuned and learn how to do your own tuneup and save. That was probably less than $20 in parts. A basic tuneup can be done easily by you with basic hand tools and knowledge in less than an hour.
Tool_animated.gif

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Kenny, quit saying I'm right. I might start thinking I know something and other people may think I'm losing my skill as a trouble maker. I have a bad reputation to uphold.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Kenny, quit saying I'm right. I might start thinking I know something and other people may think I'm losing my skill as a trouble maker. I have a bad reputation to uphold.

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Just kidding.

I have learned things from both of you. But still do them my own way. Lol

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
... But still do them my own way. Lol

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

Doing things 'My own way' is tough to compete with... I also have that problem, as I have learned how to do Most things, By doing all the Wrong things First... after a while you just run out of 'wrong ways' to try...

... Rivets, You and Carscw are most always dead Right on everything I recall seeing... anyone getting a response from Either of you two Will be in good hands.... :smile:KennyV

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
... Rivets, You and Carscw are most always dead Right on everything I recall seeing... anyone getting a response from Either of you two Will be in good hands.... :smile:KennyV[/QUOTE]

Kenny, that is a great compliment coming from you, but I have made some mistakes here that I am not proud of, but I always told my students "if you don't learn from your mistakes, you'll never really learn anything in this business". You're one of the four or five on this forum that I follow and have learned from.

Let's see if anyone has learned how this engine runs??? When you figure it out you have learned something.

Briggs engine running with no Spark Plug - YouTube

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I believe I know ...
But I'll PM you what I think, that way it will not influence anyone else... :smile:KennyV

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry Kenny that is not right. This one is a real mind scratcher, but you really have to under stand how an engine operates and how to change the way we think it should operate.