Blades X310 johndeere

Marty49

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bought a new x310. Works wonderful. When grass is dry to somewhat wet have not had any trouble bagging. Had a few heavy showers today though and started pluging up. I notice that the blades do not have as much lift as the old lx176 that I used to use. The dealer told me that they would heat the blades and put a little more lift so as to work like the old style. Does anyone out there know if a older 42" deck model that uses the older high lift blades might be interchangeable? Would save a lot of time trying to tweek the new ones.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I've been working on mowers for 40+ years and can tell you that there is no blade that can help with bagging wet grass. It is just too heavy to lift and move.

pile81

Threads
A dealer told you they would heat the blades and bend them? Wow that doesent sound safe at all...........bagging wet grass is like building an igloo in arizona lol it don't happen........the only thing i can suggest is the deck should have a 3/8 to 1/2 pitch front to back....this helps air flow and makes the blade cut at just the tip and no scrapping the whole blade around, and go a little slower when mowing.......

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
With wet grass I wait until it doubles over with water weight and windrow it out the side chute. My rider will not pick up wet grass either. Can be very frustrating here in spring. I notice even the pros leave some windrows of wet grass. My craftsman 48 will pick up the windrow once dry, but will plug if overly damp.