Murray Push Mower Air Filter Assembly and Tires

carl22

Threads
Now that Murray's gone belly-up, where can you get parts for them. The other day, I had a brush fire going and I didn't know that my wife had left the pusher down there. Mower got so hot the plastic tires and the metal air filter assembly melted. Where do I find parts?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
You will find those to be rather generic parts...
You do not need wheels for a XXX-YYY Murray push mower... You need wheels a specific diameter and width with whatever center hole size you have... These type parts are not made for a particular make or model... :smile:KennyV

indypower

Threads
Wheel sizes for push mowers are fairly universal. Just need to take 1 to your local lawnmower shop and match it up. The air filter assembly will depend on what engine it has. If it a B&S, no problem getting a new air filter assembly.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wheel sizes for push mowers are fairly universal. Just need to take 1 to your local lawnmower shop and match it up. The air filter assembly will depend on what engine it has. If it a B&S, no problem getting a new air filter assembly.

This seems odd, but today's local Menards insert has a Murray brand single stage snow thrower featured...:confused2:

Check on both Ebay and on Amazon com for Murray parts, I found a lot of belts, etc there.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Murray was bought out of bankruptcy court by briggs and stratton and still offer parts for the murray push and riding mowers but not the go karts.

carl22

Threads
Thanks guys. I can probably get a set of plastic tires at the local mower repair shop. I'll see if Wally World has the air cleaner assembly. It is a B&S, the old traditional arrow shape, or rectangle with a roof :laughing: . Should be easy to find. Thanks y'all.

Carl

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
This thread has been moved to the newly opened, Murray Forum. :smile: