Hustler Raptor

gabowman

Threads
Yep, when it comes to an easy spot for a quality cut ZTR....the chain-hung deck says it all. Some of the high-end residential units that use a cheaper deck hang system won't ever match the cut quality(close.....but no cigar). BTW, I almost pulled the string on a FasTrak SD myself, but the dealer wouldn't budge off the MSRP and the Gravely dealer would:0)
You dealt with the wrong company. I bought the SD when the salesman (well, sales manager) met me at 2 Grand below MSRP. I also bought out-of-state so that meant no sales tax.:)

PVHIII

Threads
Yep, when it comes to an easy spot for a quality cut ZTR....the chain-hung deck says it all. Some of the high-end residential units that use a cheaper deck hang system won't ever match the cut quality(close.....but no cigar). BTW, I almost pulled the string on a FasTrak SD myself, but the dealer wouldn't budge off the MSRP and the Gravely dealer would:0)

How much was the msrp and what size deck and engine?

PVHIII

Threads
You won't be disappointed in it, if you go with it. I test rode one, and trialed/ owned the Big Dog version of it for a couple weeks before having them take it back due to a $$ screw up on their part. They are built like a brick outhouse for years of service.

Very weak deck components on a very strong fabricated deck..makes no sense...trust me I learned this the hard way.I myself was very didisappointed with this machine... to the point I returned it for a real Hustler...Fastrak Super Duty and if there's a such thing as being in love with a lawn mower I certainly am lol...Hustler fan through and through!!!

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
How much was the msrp and what size deck and engine?

Best I can remember, it was the 54" FasTrak SD and he wanted $7,000 plus taxes. I got my Gravely Pro-Turn 152 for $6,800 out-the-door. I've never looked back:0)

PVHIII

Threads
Best I can remember, it was the 54" FasTrak SD and he wanted $7,000 plus taxes. I got my Gravely Pro-Turn 152 for $6,800 out-the-door. I've never looked back:0)

Wow...I gave $5900 for my Fastrak SD...out the door..don't blame you..you ended up with a good mower..Gravely makes a fantastic ZT as well...I looked at the same mower you have and I liked several things about it some better than my SD but after my experience with the Raptor...I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER ZT WITHOUT A CHAIN HUNG DECK...However the deck components on your Gravely look plenty strong and beefy...especially when comparing them to the Raptor

Last edited:

PVHIII

Threads
Wow...I gave $5900 for my Fastrak SD...out the door..don't blame you..you ended up with a good mower..Gravely makes a fantastic ZT as well...I looked at the same mower you have and I liked several things about it some better than my SD but after my experience with the Raptor...I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER ZT WITHOUT A CHAIN HUNG DECK

However the deck components on your Gravely look very strong and beefy...especially compared to the Raptor

jay stortini

Threads
Looking at the raptor:/ says the blade tip speed is 16700, seems slow compared to most.
What's the cut like?

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Ganall

Threads
I bought a 2013 hustler raptor 52" kawasaki 23.5 engine. I love it!!

jay stortini

Threads
I bought a 2013 hustler raptor 52" kawasaki 23.5 engine. I love it!!

What are you favourite things about this machine
And what don't you like about it?

Sent from my iPhone using LMF