Black friday buys

noma

Threads
Hi Just wondering if anyone got any very good black Friday buys? I went to Ace Hardware and got a Dewalt drill driver two battery and charger and case for $90.00 its a 18 volt. I have one but only got one battery with that set and two batterys work a lot better i think they are fast recovery batterys. Went to a smaller town and a drove up to the front door at 6;55 am wait for them to open the door at 7;00 am walk right in i think i was the 4 or 5 person in the door walk over and got what i wanted picket it up and i think it was 7;05 on by receipt from check out, didn't wait for one second. Also got gear wrench ratcheting wrenches to standard and metric set ,they work pretty good too. Back home for more coffee. Hope everyone else had it that easy.:frown:

Hershey

Threads
This is the first year I've ever done Black Friday but I did it from home, except for dog food at Pet Smart. I wasn't expecting to buy; I just was lured in I guess. A couple of the buys were pretty good. I researched all of them to make sure they were deals, and they were.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi Just wondering if anyone got any very good black Friday buys? I went to Ace Hardware and got a Dewalt drill driver two battery and charger and case for $90.00 its a 18 volt. I have one but only got one battery with that set and two batterys work a lot better i think they are fast recovery batterys. Went to a smaller town and a drove up to the front door at 6;55 am wait for them to open the door at 7;00 am walk right in i think i was the 4 or 5 person in the door walk over and got what i wanted picket it up and i think it was 7;05 on by receipt from check out, didn't wait for one second. Also got gear wrench ratcheting wrenches to standard and metric set ,they work pretty good too. Back home for more coffee. Hope everyone else had it that easy.:frown:

I WISH it had been that easy for me...wanted to leave at 4:30 am to head to a Lowes 20 miles away, they had a special on Werner work platforms, sale was $19 each, regular $43 each, wife decided to tag along at very last minute, and we ended up wasting three hours driving to seven different places trying to find a special issue of a certain craft magazine. After I got my platforms I was planning to go straight home but no such luck. The problem with shopping with a wife is they want to take hours just to look around while husbands like to get in and get out with no wasting time.

Dewalt is a great brand, have had their 12 and 14.4 volt tooks, but needed more power and their 18 volters were too costlyso began buying Craftsman. The great thing about Dewalt is you can ALWAYS get parts and service, just like JD.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I went to Walmart at 5am and actually found (see below) everything on special that I was looking for. The place was mobbed, as expected, and I learned a lesson for future Black Fridays: don't go to a city Walmart with the narrow isles. That kind of store is OK on a regular day but a bad idea on a busy day.

The fun part was actually locating the sale items.:confused2: It took me about 20 minutes of asking sales people and searching to find some Wrangler jeans that were on sale for $9. I wish Walmart had to pay the customer $5 every time an employee misdirected the customer. The jeans were in the men's department but they just weren't labeled. One employee had sent me to the bakery (no kidding:laughing:) for the jeans.

I had a little less trouble finding the electronics items that I was looking for. One great deal: a Seagate 1.5TB external hard drive for $70 -- and it wasn't all that hard to find.

Walmart had DVDs on sale for $1.96 and $5. I asked several employees and got several different answers regarding the location of the DVDs -- again wishing for a $5 misdirection rule. One guy who was some kind of a supervisor told me that they were in the Dairy department -- but, after being misdirected so many times, I didn't believe him. But he was right.:smile: I eventually made it to the dairy and there were the DVDs.:shocked: I got some deals including the first Terminator movie for $1.96.

Mean Machine

Threads
I have my eye on a couple riding mower screamin' deals. They're not really Black Friday deals, per se. More like seasonal deals involving trying to move stock that didn't sell during the regular season.

Stevie-Ray

Threads
Got a stove for my northern property. We've needed it since we bought the house a year ago. Finally found a smooth-top electric range at an appliance dealer up north that was still selling yesterday at black Friday prices. It's one of the wife's Christmas presents. (Her idea) Also got a bunch of Blu-Ray movies at Wal-Mart, the most expensive of which was 10 bucks. Score!