small portable electric wood splitter

monica123

Threads
Do these exist? We have an old one that hooks up to a PTO but it is on its last legs I swear, I am wondering if there are any smaller electric ones that we could replace it with.

grnspot110

Threads
They are available, don't know how much splitting power they have though! ~~ grnspot110

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Claims a 1.5hp electric motor is equal to a 6hp gas motor.

Electric motors are much more efficient and easier to operate...
their only draw back is the portability, you must have a source of power close at hand to operate ... :smile:KennyV

173abn

Threads
T.S.C. sells one.don't know how good they are. russ

monica123

Threads
Thanks, now I have some homework to do looking into which splitters are the best bang for your buck. I want the best for the most reasonable price.

Mean Machine

Threads
Small and portable----that sounds like it could be a real handy article to have around. I am always further splitting what I've already split to have stuff to start fires with.

monica123

Threads
They are handy, fit just nicely in the basement just in case you have that piece of wood that is a bit too large for the furnace, it is going to be missed this winter.

Natureboy

Threads
If you are splitting wood for the occasional recreational fire-they are okay. If you are doing your winter heating with wood, you will be terribly disapointed. Its a slow process with the electric motor. I think the ones at TSC are rated at 6 ton.