NEW Fastrak owner :thumbsup:

Tom59

Threads
I'm looking forward to playing with it! I know they use plastic to save weight and in some instances it makes perfect sense but not on a machine that vibrates alot.
My rops will be foldable in a week or so too. That one is simple some boxed tubing and a couple pins a little welding and paint bingo. I have a power coater really close by a mile or so and ROPS tend to rust so maybe a nice powdercoated ROPS.

I almost grabbed the Super Duty but honestly the fastrak is slight overkill. My wife kinda saw me going bigger and better with every stop at a dealer. :laughing: She saw dollar $igns......I saw bigger and better. Weird eh ? !

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm looking forward to playing with it! I know they use plastic to save weight and in some instances it makes perfect sense but not on a machine that vibrates alot.
My rops will be foldable in a week or so too. That one is simple some boxed tubing and a couple pins a little welding and paint bingo. I have a power coater really close by a mile or so and ROPS tend to rust so maybe a nice powdercoated ROPS.

I almost grabbed the Super Duty but honestly the fastrak is slight overkill. My wife kinda saw me going bigger and better with every stop at a dealer. :laughing: She saw dollar $igns......I saw bigger and better. Weird eh ? !

Soooo...you are modifying the solid ROPS to make it foldable or swapping it out for a foldable one??????:confused:

Tom59

Threads
Soooo...you are modifying the solid ROPS to make it foldable or swapping it out for a foldable one??????:confused:

Swapping one out costs 250.00. I can make it fold for about 25.00. A few bucks to powdercoat it. Just two pins some box steel and a few minutes to weld it in place. I did a friend of mines nobody knows whether it came that way or not. He has his powder coated too.

I actually don't have to do it now. I had an out building w/ a door that was fairly low , I took some time out and made a huge door opening for my new machine.
Just a matter of sliding the box steel over the ROPS weld it on and make a cut out for the rops to fold into. Two pins to hold it up .... I still might make it foldable though.

Will see if time permits. I have a lot going on right now. I still haven't heard back from the dealer , hopefully tomorrow he said tues-wed- but I told him no hurry. Maybe he took that to mean whenever.....I'll call tomorrow. :tongue:

Tom59

Threads
Finally got it , finally got some seat time. I'll shoot some pics after the rain stops. What a blast to mow again absolutely love it. Feels like a carnival ride. VERY happy with the whole package and it shaved about 20min off my normal time. I'm sure it will be more like 30min once I'm smooth on it.
The kawi is quiet has more than enough power I mowed at half throttle. I messed around at 2/3 throttle did the big field its very smooth and fast. Remember I'm coming from a Regent Lawn Tractor -nice little bugger- but its no ZTR.
I believed I made the right choice , now I'm sure of it. I love how they install the engine sideways for oil changes. 48" deck cuts really nice no scalps , no digs .... actually looking forward to next cut. Before I dredded it.

On another note: I used to mow when I was 17-18yrs old a huge park here 35 acres. I could never remember what the name of the machine was. I found out a couple days ago. This was back in 77-78' I mowed for two years and did park upkeep. Model 360 HUSTLER!! 4 cylinder FORD engine iirc. Huge deck and FAST. I heard they were about 20k back then. Today it would be 40k ......w/inflation.
This particular one had a headset and radio on it or tape deck? Hustler been hustlin for a long while now.

bigblock

Threads
Nice looking machine! I've had mine for about seven years now and it has been a good mower. I think you made an excellent choice!

Tom59

Threads
Nice looking machine! I've had mine for about seven years now and it has been a good mower. I think you made an excellent choice!

Yeah , after some hard looking this one made the most sense. Great reputation , excellent warranty, Kawasaki engines and I see more and more around here on lawn service trailers.

Seven years should be just broken in.......:wink:

......and thanks.