engine stalls

wester

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a troybilt pony. Have used it a few times this year. Now , it starts fine and runs and cuts for about 10 minutes then stalls out. Restart , stalls out. I have replaced the fuel filter and put fresh gas in. Air filter looks ok.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sounds like restriction to me -- either the gas tank cap is not venting so gas can't flow or your muffler is stopping exhaust.
It could be something else, but lack of gas tank vent or back pressure from clogged muffler will cause those symptoms.

wester

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok , looking further into things. It appears there is something similiar to the top of a spray can that is rolling around in the gas tank , something similar to the nozzle. Don't know if it's part of the tank that has broken or something that somehow got in there. As I cut it apparently rolls around eventually plugging up the bottom of the tank. I will have to empty the tank and remove the item. There is a tie cable that holds the tank in , how do I remove that without breaking the tie ?

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
254933_lg.jpg Get a pick up tool - many versions available fairly cheap - reach in and grab the item without removing tank.
Auto parts store should have the tool.