Huskee Wood Splitters

AndyMan

Threads
Has anyone used a Huskee firewood splitter? They look like they would do a good job, but they also look pretty dangerous.

Right now I split all of my firewood by hand - mostly oak and maple, with a bit of apple and cherry.

173abn

Threads
AndyMan,are those the ones sold at T.S.C. ?would'nt mind having one.I just split 2 cords by hand.guess it's good exercise for a 60 yr. old. russ

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Has anyone used a Huskee firewood splitter? They look like they would do a good job, but they also look pretty dangerous.

Right now I split all of my firewood by hand - mostly oak and maple, with a bit of apple and cherry.

A friend of mine has one and he thinks it's the cats a$$. It seems pretty safe to me, doesn't move all that fast. As long as you keep your hand off the end of the log it's probably less dangerous than a mower

Dannie

Threads
Have one,should have got one sooner.Any piece of equipment is as save as the user.

AndyMan

Threads
AndyMan,are those the ones sold at T.S.C. ?would'nt mind having one.I just split 2 cords by hand.guess it's good exercise for a 60 yr. old. russ

I did see them at TSC. They had them in two different sizes. Are the different sizes for different sized logs, or for different hardness of wood?

173abn

Threads
It's like the old saying you get what you pay for .the larger one works faster ,has more splitting force,larger cylinder,bigger pump and motor.They also sell a verticle unit .Never used one so can't say which is better. russ

Mean Machine

Threads
We gathered 5 cords this year. Usually I split it by hand a little at a time. We started a little later than usual, so I got behind on the splitting (which I love to do). I rented a splitter for a day and made quick work of the last cord.

Green Girl

Threads
We use ten cords of wood to heat our home each winter. We absolutely could not live without our wood splitter! We got a good deal on ours from a neighbor who decided to upgrade his model.

173abn

Threads
Green Girl,that's a lot of wood! Is wood your only heat source and what kind of wood do you burn? russ