new hydraulic motor and pump but can't get air out for some reason..help

u858033

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / new hydraulic motor and pump but can't get air out for some reason..help
I have a a 2003 super z which I install new hydraulic motor and pump on.I bleed it just like the manual said but the system gets so much air in it, it runs over the lid ever time I mow. Just needing some help. If you have any idea the of the problem please let me know. Or pass it on to someone who could help would be appreciated. Thanks Jeff for your time..

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a a 2003 super z which I install new hydraulic motor and pump on.I bleed it just like the manual said but the system gets so much air in it, it runs over the lid ever time I mow. Just needing some help. If you have any idea the of the problem please let me know. Or pass it on to someone who could help would be appreciated. Thanks Jeff for your time..

WELCOME to these Forums.
I'm going to assume you are referring to a Hustler Super Z, although your profile states you have a Kubota mower...
It's likely going to be one of 2 things.
You are using the wrong oil...
or you have a leak on the suction side of the pump. If there is any air in the oil going back to the pump it will froth up the oil.
:smile:KennyV

u858033

Forum Newbie
Threads
WELCOME to these Forums.
I'm going to assume you are referring to a Hustler Super Z, although your profile states you have a Kubota mower...
It's likely going to be one of 2 things.
You are using the wrong oil...
or you have a leak on the suction side of the pump. If there is any air in the oil going back to the pump it will froth up the oil.
:smile:KennyV

Do you know what line is the suction side? Yes it is a Super Z ...I just can't seem to get the air out.. I have mowed with it for about three weeks and as soom as I start it I can see air down in the oil. Thanks Jeff

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Suction line will come From the hydraulic holding tank, lower lines....
The Only way you will continuously get air into the system is on the suction side of the pump... since you have changed the pump... that's the line to check first.
BTW... DO Not continue to operate the pump with air entering the system, it Will damage the pump and the drive motor will also not be lubricated with air in the oil...:smile:KennyV

u858033

Forum Newbie
Threads
Suction line will come From the hydraulic holding tank, lower lines....
The Only way you will continuously get air into the system is on the suction side of the pump... since you have changed the pump... that's the line to check first.
BTW... DO Not continue to operate the pump with air entering the system, it Will damage the pump and the drive motor will also not be lubricated with air in the oil...:smile:KennyV

Ok Thanks Checking line the afternoon let you know what I fine..

u858033

Forum Newbie
Threads
I went and bought a new #12 suction hose and installed it last night started going through the bleeding process. I still could not get all the air out, started coming out of top of the tank. I really don't know how the air is getting in the system. Everything is clean no leaks other then it coming out of the tank top. I even put some back pressure on it to see if I could see it leaking somewhere else. I put a tube top over the resolver top and put about 10 lbs. of pressure in the tank. Nothing was leaking that I could see. I really don稚 know what else to do. I did notice the bypass valve was finger loose on one pump don稚 know if that mattered or not. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jeff

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Check the cooler lines, somewher there is got to be a leak... On the suction side of the pump... If not on the outside it May be the pump itself ...

u858033

Forum Newbie
Threads
Check the cooler lines, somewher there is got to be a leak... On the suction side of the pump... If not on the outside it May be the pump itself ...

I went to hydraulic supply and bought all new hoses and replaced them all. Well only one looked a little rough. I went through the bleeding process and guess what NO AIR?he thing that thru me off was the hoses looked well and no leaks. Want to thank all who got me on the right track about the suction hoses. THANKS..