air cleaner on a kohler engine

Roland750

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just checked my air filter and when I removed it I heard what I thought was a washer but turned out to be a 1/4" ball bearing. Engine also won't idle without the choke on about a 1/2" and was backfiring on and off.

Any help would much appreciated.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I sure can't think of where a 1/4" ball would come from? Could someone been playing games with you.

Roland750

Forum Newbie
Threads
I sure can't think of where a 1/4" ball would come from? Could someone been playing games with you.

Don't think so......Their is a small tube on the side of the carb that it appears that this ball bearing could fit in.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Have you got a model number, just something I never came across so I can look at a parts diagram. I am sure someone on this forum knows what it is. Maybe some kind of valve and without it you now have a vacuum leak?

Roland750

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have you got a model number, just something I never came across so I can look at a parts diagram. I am sure someone on this forum knows what it is. Maybe some kind of valve and without it you now have a vacuum leak?

Model number for the mower is Craftsman 917.27636. The engine is a kohler 25hp v twin.
Really appreciate your help.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Model number for the mower is Craftsman 917.27636. The engine is a kohler 25hp v twin.
Really appreciate your help.

I will need the engine model and number? Maybe some pictures would help. I have had Kohler air cleaners and carburetors apart but never ran across a 1/4" ball bearing. Maybe someone else on this forum knows more then I do on this? I was looking at some Kohler parts diagrams but didn't see what you are talking about.

Roland750

Forum Newbie
Threads
I will need the engine model and number? Maybe some pictures would help. I have had Kohler air cleaners and carburetors apart but never ran across a 1/4" ball bearing. Maybe someone else on this forum knows more then I do on this? I was looking at some Kohler parts diagrams but didn't see what you are talking about.

Sorry for the delay.
Model Number for the engine is CV730S and Manufacturer date is 1/06/2006.
I just started it again in and it runs pretty well with the choke out about 3/8 inch. Once I try and push the choke in all the way it starts cutting out and then dies unless I pull the choke part way.