oil all drained out from air filter area murray 30 inch rear engine

chuckmm

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / oil all drained out from air filter area murray 30 inch rear engine
oil all drained out from air filter area murray 30 inch rear engine, appears to be all drained out from the air filter pan ,what could cause this ??? not leaking from anywhere else, how does the oil get transfered to the air filter area and then all drain out?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I don't understand, unless you have a very old engine using an oil bath filter system, there should be NO oil in the air filter housing.

chuckmm

Forum Newbie
Threads
I don't understand, unless you have a very old engine using an oil bath filter system, there should be NO oil in the air filter housing.

It is in there and it was so full that it soaked the green air filter ,the oil was dripping out of the air filter pan too so as far as I know it has us all stumped , some one said it could be that the rings are bad ??? dont know,just dont know ,thank you too,any and all replies are welcome

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would guess either the crankcase is full of gas/oil mix, and overflowed the engine, or this thing has been tipped over.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I agree with IL.

chuckmm

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would guess either the crankcase is full of gas/oil mix, and overflowed the engine, or this thing has been tipped over.

thank you I can fix the oil problem, as it is not starting now, the battery is fully charged, as i turn the key it is making a thunk sound and then nothing but each time i turn the key makes the same sound,i took the cover off the starter gear and turned it with plyers and it turns freely,could it still be bad ? solenoid has power going in and out of it , could it still be bad ? what else caN I check ? starter switch seems to work ? relays ? if so and where are thay ?and what are they ,trying to start but wont turn over just a quick thunk sound and then nothing else,,thanks.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Try this. Remove the spark plug, and place a large rag in front of the spark plug hole. Ground the spark plug wire. Turn the engine over, try to start the engine. I'm guessing that the cylinder is filled with a gas oil mixture. You will see gas fill the rag. You ground the plug so there is no chance of a spark, as you are going to get a lot of fumes. After no more gas comes flying out, install the plug and change the oil. Then try starting the engine.

chuckmm

Forum Newbie
Threads
Try this. Remove the spark plug, and place a large rag in front of the spark plug hole. Ground the spark plug wire. Turn the engine over, try to start the engine. I'm guessing that the cylinder is filled with a gas oil mixture. You will see gas fill the rag. You ground the plug so there is no chance of a spark, as you are going to get a lot of fumes. After no more gas comes flying out, install the plug and change the oil. Then try starting the engine.

what can i ground the plug wirt to ? just the base or body ?

chuckmm

Forum Newbie
Threads

also ,I am guessing you dont feel like theres a problem with the starter or solenoid or key switch or the relays , since it is trying to turn the starter, and how would i test the starter to see if it is bad ? thanks !!!

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
also ,I am guessing you dont feel like theres a problem with the starter or solenoid or key switch or the relays , since it is trying to turn the starter, and how would i test the starter to see if it is bad ? thanks !!!

I would pull the plug as has been said already.
Do not let the plug hang in front of the plug hole.
If you let the plug sit in front of the plug hole please take a video for us.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))