oil all drained out from air filter area murray 30 inch rear engine

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / oil all drained out from air filter area murray 30 inch rear engine
Hook a jumper wire from the plug to any metal point on the block.

chuckmm

Forum Newbie
Threads
Try this. Remove the spark plug, and place a large rag in front of the spark plug hole. Ground the spark plug wire. Turn the engine over, try to start the engine. I'm guessing that the cylinder is filled with a gas oil mixture. You will see gas fill the rag. You ground the plug so there is no chance of a spark, as you are going to get a lot of fumes. After no more gas comes flying out, install the plug and change the oil. Then try starting the engine.

also ,I am guessing you dont feel like theres a problem with the starter or solenoid or key switch or the relays , since it is trying to turn the starter, and how would i test the starter to see if it is bad ? thanks !!!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
NO, I DON'T THINK THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH YOUR STARTER OR SOLENOID OR ANY OTHER PART OF THE ELECTRICAL SYSTEM. THAT'S WHY I MADE THE RECOMMENDATION FLUSH THE CYLINDER FIRST.

chuckmm

Forum Newbie
Threads
NO, I DON'T THINK THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH YOUR STARTER OR SOLENOID OR ANY OTHER PART OF THE ELECTRICAL SYSTEM. THAT'S WHY I MADE THE RECOMMENDATION FLUSH THE CYLINDER FIRST.

WILL DO THANKS TOO

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hope you find someone who is smarter than me to help you, because I'm out of hthis one.

chuckmm

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hope you find someone who is smarter than me to help you, because I'm out of hthis one.

yes me too because ,pulling the plug ,grounding the plug wire and trying to start it , did not work worth a ****, nothing happened, but hey everyones got an opinion