Anyone up for some Black Friday shopping?

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Note to readers outside of the USA: "Black Friday" is an annual, traditional sale day occurring the day after Thanksgiving (a big American holiday, the third Thursday in November.) The sales often begin at midnight. It's called "Black" because retailers supposedly operate in the red (loss) for the year until the kickoff of the Christmas shopping season -- when they will go into the black (profit).

A few years ago I wouldn't have considered subjecting myself to the Black Friday mobs but two years ago I went because of a bargain price on a netbook -- and actually enjoyed it. The people watching is fun and I'm fairly nocturnal so shopping in the middle of the night doesn't bother me.

There are lots of sales listed online - check it out via any search engine.

So who's in?

noma

Threads
Hay two stroke

I'm sure i will be there i usually fine some where to go at 4 am in the morning on black friday and its kinda fun to . Not sure what i need but i bet i will fine something to go for:tongue:

grnspot110

Threads
Not a chance! Hate the crowds!!!! :frown:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Note to readers outside of the USA: "Black Friday" is an annual, traditional sale day occurring the day after Thanksgiving (a big American holiday, the third Thursday in November.) The sales often begin at midnight. It's called "Black" because retailers supposedly operate in the red (loss) for the year until the kickoff of the Christmas shopping season -- when they will go into the black (profit).

A few years ago I wouldn't have considered subjecting myself to the Black Friday mobs but two years ago I went because of a bargain price on a netbook -- and actually enjoyed it. The people watching is fun and I'm fairly nocturnal so shopping in the middle of the night doesn't bother me.

There are lots of sales listed online - check it out via any search engine.

So who's in?

Already made my buy last week, a Craftsman 14 drawer tool storage tower consisting of chest, mid chest, and roller cabinet...list $490 and tax...they had a sale flyer online showing both pre-Black Friday sale prices of $299.99 minus a 5% online discount, and the Black Friday price for the same...it was a no brainer to buy a week early, I will have mine ready for pickup before the swarms hit the store Friday :biggrin:

Know what, it really irks me when stores make a fantastic deal (like a $250 laptop) and they say quantities are limited so in order to purchase you have to stand in line at midnight or sooner. And it also irks me that at my age (59) I really don't need a darn thing (like another tool storage tower) but the ads make me WANT the stuff I don't need, that I buy with money I don't have to spend..go figure !! :confused2:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hay two stroke

I'm sure i will be there i usually fine some where to go at 4 am in the morning on black friday and its kinda fun to . Not sure what i need but i bet i will fine something to go for:tongue:

If you are anything like me, you don't NEED nothing...you just WANT it. :laughing:

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Already made my buy last week, a Craftsman 14 drawer tool storage tower consisting of chest, mid chest, and roller cabinet...list $490 and tax...they had a sale flyer online showing both pre-Black Friday sale prices of $299.99 minus a 5% online discount, and the Black Friday price for the same...it was a no brainer to buy a week early, I will have mine ready for pickup before the swarms hit the store Friday :biggrin:

Know what, it really irks me when stores make a fantastic deal (like a $250 laptop) and they say quantities are limited so in order to purchase you have to stand in line at midnight or sooner. And it also irks me that at my age (59) I really don't need a darn thing (like another tool storage tower) but the ads make me WANT the stuff I don't need, that I buy with money I don't have to spend..go figure !! :confused2:

I hadn't thought to check Sears. Haven't had a Sears near me for a long time. Love those Craftsman hand tools, though.

I try to buy stuff that I actually need and not be seduced into needless spending.

On getting there at midnight -- to me, that's the fun. Midnight shopping is kinda like a party:cool2: -- nine am shopping is hum-drum. The people in the middle of the night are fun, or at least weird enough to be interesting to watch.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I hadn't thought to check Sears. Haven't had a Sears near me for a long time. Love those Craftsman hand tools, though.

I try to buy stuff that I actually need and not be seduced into needless spending.

On getting there at midnight -- to me, that's the fun. Midnight shopping is kinda like a party:cool2: -- nine am shopping is hum-drum. The people in the middle of the night are fun, or at least weird enough to be interesting to watch.

If you like to see weird shoppers...go to Funny Pictures at WalMart :biggrin:

carl22

Threads
I love shopping on Black Friday. I go for the sales to buy my daughters Christmas gifts and something or other for myself :biggrin: . I also love to shop on Christmas Eve. Don't know why, just always have.

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have never participated.

But Friday I'm going to TSC because I need fence boards. I went there last week and the guy told me they would be .80$ less on the friday after Thanksgiving.....sooo I'm in. I need about 50 so It's worth it to me to wait a week. I just wish I could find a deal on the post:cool:
I've always heard that black Friday is the time to buy a tv.
I was in best buy a few weeks back and the salesman tried to tell me that if I bought a new tv they would have to calibrate it for me. No big deal because it's only 200$... for the calibration! The TV was only 130.00$. I just laughed at him until he walked away. He wanted me to try to understand that the TV had to operate at certain temperature to maximize it's service life, and the manufacturer makes the TV as bright as possible because bright ones sell better than less bright ones on the showroom floor:rolleyes:.