2007 Troybilt mustang zero turn

lazyhubby70

Forum Newbie
Threads
I posted this in the Troybilt section. Hoping to get some Kohler engine experts to help.

1st time posting. I have troybilt mustang zero turn with kohler courage 22 motor. mower model number is 17af2acp766. when i turn the key to the run position I get a click out of the solenoid going into the the carb. when i continue turning to the start position i get nothing. I'm not real sure where to start on the troubleshooting. I'm not real sure where the switches/solenoids are that i may need to check. Any and all help is truly appreciated.

Thanks.....Lazy

One more note. I haven't ran it since last summer. Put in fresh gas, changed oil and filter, changed spark plugs before even attempting. Just looking for a starting point in gettting this running. Need it because my walk behind just broke a transmission (Had to actually hire a buddy to mow my yard....lol)

thanks again....lazy

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I posted this in the Troybilt section. Hoping to get some Kohler engine experts to help.

1st time posting. I have troybilt mustang zero turn with kohler courage 22 motor. mower model number is 17af2acp766. when i turn the key to the run position I get a click out of the solenoid going into the the carb. when i continue turning to the start position i get nothing. I'm not real sure where to start on the troubleshooting. I'm not real sure where the switches/solenoids are that i may need to check. Any and all help is truly appreciated.

Thanks.....Lazy

One more note. I haven't ran it since last summer. Put in fresh gas, changed oil and filter, changed spark plugs before even attempting. Just looking for a starting point in gettting this running. Need it because my walk behind just broke a transmission (Had to actually hire a buddy to mow my yard....lol)

thanks again....lazy

Quite possible that there is not enough fire in the battery to make it turn over. Hook jumper cables to it from a good battery and try that.

lazyhubby70

Forum Newbie
Threads
Quite possible that there is not enough fire in the battery to make it turn over. Hook jumper cables to it from a good battery and try that.
Thanks for reply.

Brand new battery. Old battery didnt even cause carb solenoid to do anythng.

Lazy

andy spence

Threads
did you check the starter solenoid or fuse to start circuit? the one on the carb only allows fuel to enter fuel bowl. good luck

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Check and see if you have 12 v at the small wire on the solenoid, when turning the key to the start position. If yes, assuming a three post solenoid, then replace the solenoid. If no, then most likely a safety switch problem. Could be one on each Z turn lever, one on a parking brake lever if you have one, Also the PTO switch also acts like a safety switch for starting.

If a four post solenoid, then you could have 12 v on one of the small post, but will need to trace the other wire through the safety switches to find the cause of you starting problem.