old craftsman tractor

bigjay282

Threads
hey folks,im new here,love this place. can anyone tell me how i can identify a craftsman lawn tractor. the previous home owner left it there for me when i purchased my house and i fired it up a few days ago and to my surprise it fired up and works great. it does not have a hood and the only thing it says ''6 speed,42 inch deck'' and the engine is a kohler commander 14 hp i think. any info will be appreciated.

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi Big Jay and welcome to the forum, Congratulations on your home and mower to boot.
I know you said the hood is missing but does the rest of mower look similar to this?

020-1.jpg

Post back the model and serial numbers according to the following illustrations and we can determine what year and model that you have.

Finding the Model and Serial Numbers on a Craftsman Rider
craftsman-rider.jpg

Pictured above is a pretty typical Craftsman rider with a Briggs & Stratton engine. The model and serial numbers are located on a sticker right under the seat or on the bottom of the seat itself. It also could be located on the back of the mower above the trailer hitch hole. The model number usually begins in "917."

Locating the Kohler Model and Spec Numbers on a Craftsman LTX1000
craftsman-ltx1000-kohler-engine.jpg

This is a Craftsman LTX1000 with a Kohler Engine. After you lift the hood, you'll see a sticker on the right side of the engine with the spec and serial numbers on it. .

bigjay282

Threads
Hi Big Jay and welcome to the forum, Congratulations on your home and mower to boot.
I know you said the hood is missing but does the rest of mower look similar to this?

020-1.jpg

Post back the model and serial numbers according to the following illustrations and we can determine what year and model that you have.

Finding the Model and Serial Numbers on a Craftsman Rider
craftsman-rider.jpg

Pictured above is a pretty typical Craftsman rider with a Briggs & Stratton engine. The model and serial numbers are located on a sticker right under the seat or on the bottom of the seat itself. It also could be located on the back of the mower above the trailer hitch hole. The model number usually begins in "917."

Locating the Kohler Model and Spec Numbers on a Craftsman LTX1000
craftsman-ltx1000-kohler-engine.jpg

This is a Craftsman LTX1000 with a Kohler Engine. After you lift the hood, you'll see a sticker on the right side of the engine with the spec and serial numbers on it. .

hey Midnight,thanks for the welcome and the well wishes.yes it looks just like that,i have pics that im gonna attempt to post,lol