Hustler Turf Introduces the Hustler Extended Service Plan

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
  • / Hustler Turf Introduces the Hustler Extended Service Plan
Hustler Turf now offers the Hustler Extended Service Plan (ESP) on non-commercial warranties for most zero-turn mowers the company offers.

Read this article on LawnWorld

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hustler is an EXCELLENT company...
with a Great product line. :smile:KennyV

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
What isn't mentioned is how much $$$ you are looking at for a 2 Year extended Warranty. My experience has been with ANY product I have bought(electronics, appliances, vehicles, etc.) the repair costs during the extended warranty period NEVER exceeded the cost of purchasing the extended warranty. It seems like everything you buy nowadays(even at WalMart) the cleark asks you if you want to purchase an extended warranty. This is really nothing more than selling you an insurance policy. I may have just "been lucky" with my purchases over the last 40+ years, but in my opinion I think the odds are in your favor that the extended warranty simply made your purchase of the product more expensive.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
There is a Difference between an extended Warranty, and an Extended Service Plan...
A service plan will describe the type of service you Will get.
For myself, I have always done my own service work... HOWEVER, if you notice many of our fellow members here at Lawn World, they do Not do a lot of their own service work... Many are willing to 'learn', but for quite a few that learning is going to take a While... For someone that is not into doing their own service... This type of deal (Extended Service Plan) could be Very valuable. That along with the reputation that Hustler corp has... it will prove to be a bonus for Many new Hustler owners...
:smile:KennyV

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
There is a Difference between an extended Warranty, and an Extended Service Plan...
A service plan will describe the type of service you Will get.
For myself, I have always done my own service work... HOWEVER, if you notice many of our fellow members here at Lawn World, they do Not do a lot of their own service work... Many are willing to 'learn', but for quite a few that learning is going to take a While... For someone that is not into doing their own service... This type of deal (Extended Service Plan) could be Very valuable. That along with the reputation that Hustler corp has... it will prove to be a bonus for Many new Hustler owners...
KennyV,
Good point, as I considered "Service" i.e. oil changes, transmission service, etc.(regular maintenance) whaereas "Warranty" as ie. my engine quit running, my transmission isn't working, etc.(repairs to a "defect"). Like in the case of some auto manufacturers including a 36 Month/36K Miles Service plan(that includes ALL regular maintenance needs) versus a 36 Month/36K Miles Warranty that covers corrections of defects. So, my question would be....does the Hustler Extended Service Plan give me a free transmission service(fluid/filter & labor) that would be "recommended maintenance" during that period? If not, I consider that a Warranty:0)

P.S.
The analogy I used was relative to the last car I bought in 2001 that indeed included free maintenance during the Warrany Period.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I guess you could speculate it 'could' be almost anything... But it in actuality it IS an Extended Service Plan