2800 hydrogear transmission will not work

jrcs50x

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Snapper s50x zero turn mower that was leaking hydro fluid out of the passenger side (left setting on seat) transmission. The transmission is a Hyrogear 2800 , i replaced the O ring which appears to have stopped the leak but after filling with hydro oil the transmission does not work. Had no problems before just the leak. I have had it apart a couple times but it is still not working. What did i do wrong???

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Did you bleed the air out of the pump, If not you need to jack the mower up, pull the bypass valve, run it forwards and backwards, then disengage the bypass and run forward and backwards. then see if it will work.

If you had the charge pump off, you didn't get it mounted 180 degrees off did you.

RatRacer

Threads
I have a Snapper s50x zero turn mower that was leaking hydro fluid out of the passenger side (left setting on seat) transmission. The transmission is a Hyrogear 2800 , i replaced the O ring which appears to have stopped the leak but after filling with hydro oil the transmission does not work. Had no problems before just the leak. I have had it apart a couple times but it is still not working. What did i do wrong???

Have you bled the tranny?

jrcs50x

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is the guy that did the original post.Turns out I had replace the CHARGE PUMP cover on backwards according to the Hydro Gear tech WOMAN (the best tech department I have ever dealt with).No wait,she knew what I had,told me exactly what to do and where to find a blow up of it on their web site. Less than 5 minutes,I'm in love. Thanks all.

Marcel 1

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is the guy that did the original post.Turns out I had replace the CHARGE PUMP cover on backwards according to the Hydro Gear tech WOMAN (the best tech department I have ever dealt with).No wait,she knew what I had,told me exactly what to do and where to find a blow up of it on their web site. Less than 5 minutes,I'm in love. Thanks all.

Could you share the link for this?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Marcel I am located north of St. Elmo which is between vandalia and effingham.

Oscar engine engines and parts is located in O'fallon, MO and is the local hydrogear parts distributor, and I believe they also sell to the general public.

I am a hydrogear service center so I may also be able to answer any questions you have.