New 4518 owner need shop manual

teamlipp

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just received a 4518 for the great price of free. It sat for about a year and a half. I changed out the CDI and it fired right up. My kids drove it around all weekend. It does have the surging problem at lower speeds. I printed out service bulletin #15, and will look into the fix.

Right now I am in the process of rebuilding the 46" mower deck. Six new spindle bearings cost me $18. It took about an hour and a half to get them replaced with a hydraulic press.. There are a few cracks that need a little love from the TIG, and I'll probably go for new rollers. I could use advice on new drive belt and pulley belt. I have neither. Does anyone know a replacement for these?

I also got a pretty good deal on a very lightly used SB800 snowblower with all the parts. Can't wait for the snow.

Does anyone have a Shop Manual for this machine? I found a PDF shop manual for the engine, but it is kind of generic. Apparently, these engines are used in cars overseas.

I have been busy downloading exploded drawings of everything I think I might need in a pinch.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Does anyone have a Shop Manual for this machine?

Honda offers only paper copies of shop manuals; any digital copies you might find online are pirated and likely to be incomplete or not cover your specific model.

You can buy a genuine paper copy direct from Honda on their eBay store; free shipping and free updates for three years. Here's the link:

H4518 Shop Manual on eBay

teamlipp

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was hoping to get a look at what is in the shop manual before jumping in to buy one. Maybe I'll just go ahead.

Thanks for your professional help.

Any help on specs for the mower belts?

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I was hoping to get a look at what is in the shop manual before jumping in to buy one. Maybe I'll just go ahead.

Thanks for your professional help.

Any help on specs for the mower belts?

The shop manual is *very* detailed; it has 248 pages, fully illustrated; an excellent resource and worth every penny.

The blade belt is called "V-BELT, BLADE (LB-101)" Part Number 76181-758-J00, list price $54.32.
The deck belt is called "V-BELT, DECK (LB-105)" Part Number 76182-758-J02, list price $70.16.

Try google on either the Honda part number or the LB number? I know a lot of dealers sell discounted parts online.

Here's the set-up /install for the deck from 1991....(.PDF file)

Here's a great forum with lots of experienced Honda riding equipment knowledge... this is thread about the deck itself. Try some searches there for more info on that deck/repairs/details...

My Tractor Forum

Attachments

• cd4546 setup.pdf
    828.3 KB · Views: 33