V-belt for Craftsman zts 7500 Lawn Tractor

Fred

Forum Newbie
Threads
24 hp, 50" deck. V-belt which powers hydraulic wheel drives frayed and slipped off pulleys :frown:. Need size (width, length) for a replacement belt. No remaining ID on old belt. Don't wish to order from Sears under their part number due to cost and delay. Owner's manual does not even show this part. Any help appreciated.

fredkto

noma

Threads
Fred

If there is enough belt left, you should be able to take it to a farm supply store or auto parts house and they should have a measuring board that will measure the length and width. You might have to hold it together if its broken in half but that should get you pretty close to the right length. One other problem you might have is your belts longer then there measuring board, but its worth a try ,You will have to ask them at the counter to do that for you too:eek:

Fred

Forum Newbie
Threads
Fred

If there is enough belt left, you should be able to take it to a farm supply store or auto parts house and they should have a measuring board that will measure the length and width. You might have to hold it together if its broken in half but that should get you pretty close to the right length. One other problem you might have is your belts longer then there measuring board, but its worth a try ,You will have to ask them at the counter to do that for you too:eek:

Noma,

Thanks for the info. I was able to get the equivalent belt quicker and at lower cost than from Sears.

For those replacing this belt (transmission/wheel drive), I now see why the owner's manual does not provide DIY instructions. Replacement involves significant disassembly and access to the correct pulleys is very difficult. As significant time under the mower appears to be required, I would recommend that the unit be raised to about eye height in order to avoid the aching back syndrome which commonly afflicts us DIYers. I couldn't imagine doing the job on a creeper.

I figure that I saved at least two hundred dollars when I figure that I would have had to pay for both pickup and delivery in addition to labor and parts charges. Still, I'm not certain that I would do it again.

fredkto

zoey

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have same problem with belt. But the pulley on transmission is hard to turn. This mean my tranny is shot? It's a hydrostatic. thx