23 hp Walker dies

rickgeee

Forum Newbie
Threads
Intermitant problem with Walker dying during mowing. I have 3.5 acres I mow with a 23 hp Walker that is about 5 years old. This year it has developed a problem where I'll be mowing along and out of the blue will start to sputter and then stalls like out of fuel. Restarts immediately but this may occur 2-3 times during a normal 3.5 hour mow. Yesterday it did it once. At close of season last year it had a problem where it was not getting fuel at startup and would not start so I replaced the fuel filter, blew out the fuel lines back through the tank but had to pressurize the tank to prime the fuel pump. Has been fine since at startup but now the dying problem. New battery this April. Any thoughts?

TIA

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Something in the fuel tank that is plugging the fuel outlet intermittently. I have found flies, grass, rubber fuel line parts.

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
I had a dead spider floating around in the gas tank and would block the hole for the fuel line. Once the engine stalled it would float away from the hole and engine would start right back up.:confused2:

fireman gus

Threads
we have to clean the fuel tank at least once a year sometimes more. it is amazing what gets in there.

Agriffin1983

Forum Newbie
Threads
Shot in the dark, but my 26hp EFI would do the same when the return line started to rot/deteriorate. As a result, it would stall or die at or around half tank as it would when empty. The line had cracks and holes in it so the return line opening was not fully submerged in fuel. Worth a check maybe