Valve Clearance

Bryan.H

Forum Newbie
Threads
We have a 139cc Rockwell lawnmower, model 'WESCO R4000' series. The valves are looser than I would expect and we think tightening them will improve the engines operation, however we don't know what the valve clearance should be..would anyone know the specs or have access to a manual to tell us?

Thanks,
Bryan.
(Burnie Men's Shed)

chance123

Threads
Never heard of that brand of engine but if you try the Briggs standard of .004 IN and .007 EX, it should run until you get the correct specs for your engine.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
We have a 139cc Rockwell lawnmower, model 'WESCO R4000' series. The valves are looser than I would expect and we think tightening them will improve the engines operation, however we don't know what the valve clearance should be..would anyone know the specs or have access to a manual to tell us?

Thanks,
Bryan.
(Burnie Men's Shed)

I checked my list of rockwell models this morning, but couldn't find your model. It could be made by another company licensed for Rockwell. Is there any other manufacturer tags on the deck other than the Rockwell.

Bryan.H

Forum Newbie
Threads
I checked my list of rockwell models this morning, but couldn't find your model. It could be made by another company licensed for Rockwell. Is there any other manufacturer tags on the deck other than the Rockwell.

Thanks for your replys!

In response to you, ILENGINE, here's the mower we are working on...

Rockwell 139cc Petrol Lawn Mower
APN #: 6947372501626

*460mm (18").
*3-in-1 catcher, side-discharge and mulcher.
*Plastic catcher.
*4 x swing back blades.
*5 cutting positions.

Model RG8072.

61502.jpg