rear deck height adjustment not moveable on Honda HR215 lawnmower

yukon1

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / rear deck height adjustment not moveable on Honda HR215 lawnmower
I have a Honda HR215SXC self propelled , rear bag lawn mower . I used that lawnmower for 2 years for mulching with a mulching plug in the rear bag chute . I had the deck height setting at the lowest setting to the ground . Now I can not adjust the rear deck height setting at all . The adjustment seems to be frozen in place . I have been spraying the adjustment links with Penetrating Oil to maybe loosen it up with no luck so far . My Honda dealer has no time to look at the mower , he is too busy , but told me to drop the whole rear drive axle and adjustment to see what is maybe rusted and frozen up and spray that parts with the Penetrating Oil . I only have the Owners Manual but no repair manual to see how to take that back end with the height adjuster apart .
Can you advise me ?

Ingo

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / rear deck height adjustment not moveable on Honda HR215 lawnmower
I have a Honda HR215SXC [snip] I only have the Owners Manual but no repair manual to see how to take that back end with the height adjuster apart .
Can you advise me ?

That's a Canada-market model, but the USA version is usually the same (mechanically). Here's a page from the shop manual that might help. Pay attention to the pawl assembly, and do one at a time. Apply general-purpose grease where indicated...

masters_rear_wheel_zps3956e56d.jpg