Troy-Bilt Pony Model Series 77T DRIVE-BELT REPLACEMENT

Rickshawky

Threads
  • / Troy-Bilt Pony Model Series 77T DRIVE-BELT REPLACEMENT
I need to change my drive belt (s) on a Troy-Bilt Pony Model Series 77T
Anyone done this job before? If so any advice on doing this job?
Here are the pic's of what this look's like

View attachment 14244

View attachment 14245

I need to change both of these belt's, thanks for any input you may have in doing this.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
You will need to remove the battery, and the battery tray to reach that area. On some you will also need to remove the transmission pulley, depending if it uses the mower frame as a belt guide. Also will need to remove the engine pulley, Also remove the deck just to make things easier to get to. sometimes it may be easier to move things around with the parking brake engaged, and other times will need to be released. Just pay attention to what you are doing and don't miss any belt guides around the variable pulley. On some units you may also have to remove the variable pulley if mounted to the transaxle.

Rickshawky

Threads
it uses the mower frame as a belt guide.

So that's why it's so close to the frame? Dang that's crazy!
Is there any torq required for putting those bolt's back on the pulley's ?

Thx for the input and advise

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
the engine pulley is torqued at 50 ft/lb. I usually make the variable pulley mounted on the tranny good and snug, Just make sure not to loose the cup washer above the nut or it will come loose. the tranny pulley is suppose to have a specific torque which I don't have in front of me right now. something like 60 ft/lb I think, now try putting the correct torque on that nut, down in that battery hole, with nothing to prevent the pulley from turning while tightening, and keeping the pulley centered on that little star pulley mount that looks like the star on the blades, but half as tall.