Honda Engine Speed Going Down

Threads
I have a Honda mower about a year old. The grass isn't that tall but the engine speed seems to be slower than my other Honda. Could it be the Carb or the linkage?

bwdbrn1

Threads
Do both mowers have the same engine model?

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a Honda mower about a year old. The grass isn't that tall but the engine speed seems to be slower than my other Honda. Could it be the Carb or the linkage?

To be sure, the engine speed should be measured with a tachometer. If your model has a throttle lever, at SLOW it should run about 1,700 ア150 rpm, and at FAST (blades engaged) it should run between 2,950~3,100 rpm.

Generally, the engine speed change may be due to a stretched or out-of-adjustement cable (if you have a throttle) or perhaps debris/gunk in the carburetor is blocking maximum fuel flow. As your mower is only a year old, it is still under warranty, so a local Honda dealer should be able to examine and evaluate the engine and determine the true cause if it is indeed running out of spec. You can find a dealer in your area at this link:

Find A Honda Dealer

Always discuss and confirm repair work with the dealer so there is no surprise. Keep in mind the warranty covers factory defects only; contaminated fuel and gunk/slime in the carburetor is not a defect.

Threads
To be sure, the engine speed should be measured with a tachometer. If your model has a throttle lever, at SLOW it should run about 1,700 ア150 rpm, and at FAST (blades engaged) it should run between 2,950~3,100 rpm.

Generally, the engine speed change may be due to a stretched or out-of-adjustement cable (if you have a throttle) or perhaps debris/gunk in the carburetor is blocking maximum fuel flow. As your mower is only a year old, it is still under warranty, so a local Honda dealer should be able to examine and evaluate the engine and determine the true cause if it is indeed running out of spec. You can find a dealer in your area at this link:

Find A Honda Dealer

Always discuss and confirm repair work with the dealer so there is no surprise. Keep in mind the warranty covers factory defects only; contaminated fuel and gunk/slime in the carburetor is not a defect.

I took it to a dealer and they did a full service including adjusting the engine speed. But it came back about the same. It doesn't have throttle control. I believe it may just have to be cleaned. Back in February, I started it put the choke was stuck. I got it unstuck. This is when the problem started.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I bet the choke is not open all the way

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))