RZT 50 problem

blackoak

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a RZT 50 mower that is giving me problems. It has the FH661V Kawasaki 22HP motor on it. I was mowing yesterday and it started running bad all at once. I stopped mowing and it sputtered and died. I noticed a little smoke coming from under the carb. There is a solenoid on the lower part of the bowl of the carb that has two wires connected to it. These wire were very hot. hot to the point it melted the connector that plugs into the solenoid. There is gas now slowly leaking from this solenoid. I can spin the solenoid around like it's loose, but is does not come off or tighten up. I got the connector plugged back into the solenoid and the motor will now only run with the choke on and it hard to get it started. What is this solenoid called and what does it do? Any ideas why the wires got hot. I have never worked on a Kawasaki4 stroke lawn mower engine , but have spent years wrenching on chainsaws at a Stihl dealer. Any help will be appreciated.

blackoak

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a RZT 50 mower that is giving me problems. It has the FH661V Kawasaki 22HP motor on it. I was mowing yesterday and it started running bad all at once. I stopped mowing and it sputtered and died. I noticed a little smoke coming from under the carb. There is a solenoid on the lower part of the bowl of the carb that has two wires connected to it. These wire were very hot. hot to the point it melted the connector that plugs into the solenoid. There is gas now slowly leaking from this solenoid. I can spin the solenoid around like it's loose, but is does not come off or tighten up. I got the connector plugged back into the solenoid and the motor will now only run with the choke on and it hard to get it started. What is this solenoid called and what does it do? Any ideas why the wires got hot. I have never worked on a Kawasaki4 stroke lawn mower engine , but have spent years wrenching on chainsaws at a Stihl dealer. Any help will be appreciated.
Update on my problem. I found this solenoid was a fuel shut off valve, and a very expensive one 136 bucks. I was told to cut the tip off the old one and install the solenoidas a plug. Tape up the connector and run it. The mower is running fine now.The solenoid was incorporated as a safety device to shut the fuel off in case of a roll over. My ground is flat and I saved 136 bucks.