Snapper rear engine rider engine replacement

Mollys dad

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am about to install a new engine in my 04 Snapper rear engine rider. It looks pretty straitforward but im wondering if there is anything to watch out for or anything I should replace while i'm at it? Also I have been told that being a rear engine rider the engine is more prone to wear from all the dust that is created. Is this the case? One last thing I am looking for a good online source for the purchase of parts. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

DaveTN

Threads
Just make sure your shaft and pulley lengths match up with the old engine. Also make sure everything lines up as before. No, I haven't noticed any rear-engine mowers suffering any more than the front engine mowers. Just keep the air filters clean and oil topped off so as to prevent over-heating and excessive and un-necessary wear. You'd be surprised at how mower operators shorten the life of a machine by poor maintenance! I drain my carburetor bowl on my mowers at LEAST 4 or 5 times during mowing season just to keep sediments and water out of it. When a mower is hard to start I drain the bowl only to find some small amount of water in it. Plus I don't use this Ethanol Gas! I prefer 100% gasoline of a high quality. Saves a lot of headaches down the road even if it is 10 cents or higher on the gallon!

Mollys dad

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your help. It actually went very smoothly. Unfortunately gas without ethanol is not available around here otherwise I would use it also.

snapsstorer

Threads
According to the briggs and stratton repair manual i have it states if you can not get straight gas for it, try not to use any gas with over 10-15% ethanol.

txzrider2

Threads
I run only 91 - 93 octane in mine... and everything has done much better for the last 5 years that I have been doing it.