Invitation to bid.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just received an invitation to bid on a job for the A local governing agency.

Part of the requirements for participating in the bid is to have $1 mil in liability insurance which I have.
Then it says that the awarded bidder has to furnish E-verify compliance with the laws of the state.

What is that? How would one do that?

Then it says the awarded bidder is required to have workman's comp insurance. The last time I talked to an insurance agent about workman's comp insurance he told me that if you have 3 or less employees in Alabama you are exempt from having Workman's comp.

Have any of you ever bid a job like that and do you have any insight?

marcs odd jobs

Forum Newbie
Threads
E-Verify & I-9 Compliance

Form I-9 Compliance and Verifications Made Easy
The Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) is aggressively checking that businesses are fully compliant. Immigration and Customs Enforcement is not only targeting employers, but is also holding accountable individual executives, managers, and former managers who actually hired the illegal workers.

Non-compliance can result in fines anywhere from $110 to $11,000 per violation, and forfeiture of the company's assets. Depending on the company, self audit statistics show Form I-9 errors in 10% to 40% of currently maintained forms. Fines can add up very fast.
Using an I-9 employment eligibility verification service can benefit your company in several ways: reduce time and labor spent verifying employment eligibility and maintaining files, minimize risk during government audits, eliminate the possibility of legal penalties, and prevent the possibility of negative publicity.

NAGC has partnered with I-9Compliance to provide employment eligibility verification features, including: instant I-9 entry validation, duplication alerts, audit logs, tentative non-confirmation compliance, digital Form I-9 storage, automated expiration notices, printable PDFs and many other features not found in paper based and E-verify systems.
even if your sole you still need workers comp
http://www.worksite-compliance.com/library/files/kk_i-9_handout._the_basics__00596457_.pdf

hope this helps

Team Odd Jobs

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
E-Verify & I-9 Compliance

Form I-9 Compliance and Verifications Made Easy
The Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) is aggressively checking that businesses are fully compliant. Immigration and Customs Enforcement is not only targeting employers, but is also holding accountable individual executives, managers, and former managers who actually hired the illegal workers.

Non-compliance can result in fines anywhere from $110 to $11,000 per violation, and forfeiture of the company's assets. Depending on the company, self audit statistics show Form I-9 errors in 10% to 40% of currently maintained forms. Fines can add up very fast.
Using an I-9 employment eligibility verification service can benefit your company in several ways: reduce time and labor spent verifying employment eligibility and maintaining files, minimize risk during government audits, eliminate the possibility of legal penalties, and prevent the possibility of negative publicity.

NAGC has partnered with I-9Compliance to provide employment eligibility verification features, including: instant I-9 entry validation, duplication alerts, audit logs, tentative non-confirmation compliance, digital Form I-9 storage, automated expiration notices, printable PDFs and many other features not found in paper based and E-verify systems.
even if your sole you still need workers comp
http://www.worksite-compliance.com/library/files/kk_i-9_handout._the_basics__00596457_.pdf

hope this helps

Team Odd Jobs

So if I only hire people that I know are citizens does this mean I have to file a bunch of paperwork and pay a bunch of fees?

marcs odd jobs

Forum Newbie
Threads
So if I only hire people that I know are citizens does this mean I have to file a bunch of paperwork and pay a bunch of fees?

Again i think its to prove your citizen ship but i would check with state and local laws

edd

Threads
i got a bid with a govt agency[ housing authority ] this year and had to find workmens comp ins to be able to get the bid....lucked out as a local independent agency was able to write me a policy. it was based on payroll and is going to cost me about 600 dollars a year

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
i got a bid with a govt agency[ housing authority ] this year and had to find workmens comp ins to be able to get the bid....lucked out as a local independent agency was able to write me a policy. it was based on payroll and is going to cost me about 600 dollars a year

Wow that s cheap. Is it one of those things where you will get audited at the end of the year and owe a bunch more money?

edd

Threads
no it is based on payroll.....i only needed workers comp ins for this job.......i got a policy for the minimum amount of payroll---18000 dollars......i fill out a form each month showing how much i made on this contract and my premium runs about 30 dollars a month....up front premium of 250 dollars......this govt contract is the only one i needed it for....i know alabama law says you dont need it for under 5 workers but this agency required it.....typical govt....it just drives up cost and makes it more expensive to do business

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
no it is based on payroll.....i only needed workers comp ins for this job.......i got a policy for the minimum amount of payroll---18000 dollars......i fill out a form each month showing how much i made on this contract and my premium runs about 30 dollars a month....up front premium of 250 dollars......this govt contract is the only one i needed it for....i know alabama law says you dont need it for under 5 workers but this agency required it.....typical govt....it just drives up cost and makes it more expensive to do business

I uderstand what you are talking about on not having to have it. I only have myself and one fuy working with me. However on this job I am looking at it is the same way.